Back by popular demand

Well I hope everybody had a good rest during my hiatus… I know I did. :-) But now I’m back…. by popular demand.

It seems during my absence, Dean on his blog, has been getting as one of my commenters put it “a thrashing”. In fact, one of his commenters sent me comments of his that he states Dean would not publish on his blog, claiming they were too personal and libelous. Really Dean?

Looking at Dean’s blog and this readers comments I see the Ratepayers are being mentioned quite often and are now the subject of the week. In this regard, I have done a blog post on this matter incorporating some of what the above blog reader sent me as I think much of what this person says is fair comment and hard-hitting, as what I like to dish out here.

For the record, I want to point out to my readers that Dean Ward is one of the Ratepayer advisers I mention in my upcoming post. In fact, he is the one who works diligently in creating and providing much of the handouts given members at their monthly meetings, and to the media. He also is a supporter of Blair Painter who’s table he sat at by way of endorsement at the recent coronation of Blair Painter as the chosen one of the Ratepayer Executive at their monthly meeting last month. At which, Dean’s Father-in-law (sitting at the same table) enthusiastically endorsed Blair in a speech, while stating (while looking directly at me) that Blair was the only suitable candidate for the job.

I said the above because I want it to be clear that Blair, Dean and the Ratepayer Executive council candidates (excluding possibly Sasha) are one and the same, and if this community is not careful we could find ourselves in a bigger mess than what we have already. In that these people for the most part are elitist, care little to nothing about those not of their class, think nothing of spending untold sums of taxpayer money year after year, decade after decade, on granite monuments to the dead while totally ignoring the needs of the living, throw gala events to themselves and their kind (one of which will be taking place this weekend), while having little to no understanding or empathy whatsoever of the real needs and wants of the people living here who make up the majority of the population. All they know is how to take from the rest of us while giving us nothing back in return… not even the crumbs off their plates. These are the former Irwinites who want to take us all back in time, where it was all for them, and nothing for the rest of us. No thanks!!

To wrap up here, it has been mentioned again on Dean’s blog that my actions over the last few weeks indicate I might not really be interested in winning this election, if I indeed do run? Or, how was it put? Excuse me while I saunter over to my friends blog:

Q. It seems that an other bloger has his nose out of joint because he hasn’t been handed the brass ring and is lashing out at every one, not easy to get elected when you knock most of the constituants.
A. “It seems that an other bloger has his nose out of joint because he hasn’t been handed the brass ring”

So Blair Painter was handed the “brass ring”, after all, by the Ratepayers, is what you are saying.

Maybe this other blogger doesn’t want to get elected and wants to make sure certain others don’t either, especially if they are just going to bring our community down, being the hypocritical self-serving types that they are.

The truth of the matter is I don’t expect to win. I believe the election is a forgone conclusion. Democracy is once again being subverted and a farce of an election is about to take place. Returning Officer is in place, the old boys establishment elites have their chosen one from among their class, and it is only a formality to get the dupes and dolts from the lower class of the “Born in the (U.S.A.) Crowsnest Pass’ to do as they are told.

My job, as I see it, is to be the voice of reason amongst the village idiots. Hopefully, I can be successful in this effort to mitigate the damage that is about to be done to all of us in this community… once again.

Without further ado, I’ll post this and then share with you my thoughts on what is being refereed to as the Ratepayer Executive “Dream Team” shortly thereafter.

Give me where to stand and I will move the earth.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Back by popular demand

Please clarify John, are you or were you a member of the ratepayers?

Obviously I was, as I was an adviser to them. In fact, I was a Ratepayer when on council who worked very closely with Fred Pyke and George Sturkenboom who were respectively the President and Vice President of this organization back then. I was and am more of a Ratepayer than any of those presently sitting on this board… and have the scars to prove it.

Further to my previous comment…

btw/ With respect to all the stuff this mayor and council is ramming down our throats with less than 90 days remaining in their mandate…

The Ratepayers of old (2001) shut council down by occupying their council chambers preventing them from conducting business and by doing so brought media attention to their cause and to the current issue at hand. That took guts… something this weak-kneed do-nothing group is lacking in spades.

Boy this place has been a mess for, like forever. We really need to do something. John, I really hope you do run. Maybe people will see some sense. You never know. Once we start the relatives thing again like Dean, holy moly, who needs it.

5. John two things which I am sure mean nothing to you but I will say them any way. One I had been sitting at my table for five minutes before Blair Painter choose to come and sit there.
    Second of all my Father in law pasted away three and a half years ago. I’m sure neither you or the commentator on my blog were aware of that.

Dean Ward

Dean @2:05, 1. why didn’t you and your shadow get up and go join John, Joe Fortunaso, Gary Anctil and Ken Warburton at their table? 2. If it wasn’t your father-in-law, who was it then?

At least John got his facts straight before running his mouth AGAIN! Hahaha

3;35,

That was really cruel.

John you have my vote. You are not after personal gain, unlike the dream team. I believe in you.

John, you have my vote as well. I know you can speak with YOUR own mind and stick with your convictions. As you have pointed out, where has Blair been the last 2 years or so? I don’t know him personally, and therefore I know nothing about him. (One person I asked, who has met him in a business perspective, didn’t give a favorable impression, to put it nicely!) I’m not so sure, judging by his speech at the Ratepayers meeting, that he can speak his own mind, without coaching from the corners, and time to prepare. Does he look like a LEADER to me? Not yet. Perhaps he should go for a council seat, and get some experience, before trying to become the head of the herd?

Don’t hold your breath waiting for an answer to your questions from Dean as he is not as forthright and honest as John.

Get real!

A seating plan for all future Ratepayer’s meetings would certainly be in order.

“A seating plan for all future Ratepayer’s meetings would certainly be in order.”

Hahahahaha :-)

I second that motion. ;-) :-D

…so that we are all aware of those actually present and the hierarchy.

Time for everyone to take a deep breath and put things into perspective. Picky, picky, nitpick, nitpick is not what’s this is all about.