Council Candidates, where are they?

Over breakfast today, my wife made the following comment: “How come we never hear from any of the council candidates running for office, here on this blog?” That’s a good question.

I know for having talked with many of them that they do in fact visit this blog regularly as do some of the incumbents, yet they are as quiet as church mice? What are they afraid of? Taking a stand or openly discussing any of the numerous disconcerting issues I have been raising of late? Afraid if they do so it might hurt their chances on election day, that if like Blair Painter they say as little as possible (in fact, nothing at all), they will manage to sneak in.

This certainly is an ominous sign that we may get a council full of cowardly lions, or worse yet, ‘yes (wo)men’, as what we had with the last council. I mean if these people are scared to stand up now, when by rights this is what they should be doing in order to stand out from the crowd and show everyone that not only do they have brains but a pair as well, then how effective will they be as councillors where taking a stand and making decisions on behalf of your community is what this job is all about?

Maybe this goading will get some of them spurred to action and we’ll hear from them yet? Let’s hope so, otherwise they’ll be proving to one and all they just don’t have what it takes for the job, or that they have so little respect for the voting public that they think we don’t see the games they are playing.

One who surprises me here is Dean Ward who on his blog has totally avoided any discussion whatsoever on the Ratepayers Executive and their nominees running for election, along with Bill Kovach (their president) and Shar Lazzarotto’s involvement in this election, including their apparent conflict of interests with their involvement with Community Futures, never mind not a word on his support for these people or for Blair Painter for mayor.

Dean has all the appearances of a man sitting on a fence who like humpty dumpty could be in for a big fall and therefore is being very careful to not be perceived as belonging or siding with anyone. In other words, ‘A man with no Country’, so to speak. However, for a man who was quite critical of this sitting mayor and his council, who is joined at the hip with Bill and his executive and actively involved in trying to do away with one while working alongside and promoting the other this tactic of his in now being cagey and sneaky, never mind silent, is in direct contrast to his earlier self of speaking out on issues that matter to this community.

I think I liked the old Dean better, for he was more truthful and honest, and less calculating.

Are they all running scared these council candidates who wish to lead but are afraid to step forward and be heard, or are they just praying they can get through a two-minute speech, answer a couple questions (hopefully from friendly supporters) and hope that they can coast to victory without ever having to show their metal, and thereby what they are really made of?

I’ll end this post by way of a quote you will find in the About Me section of my home page here on this blog that I think is both pertinent and that I hope will be taken to heart by those running for office in stirring them to action:

“In this life, one does not have to stand tall, but one does have to stand up”.

Vote experience, vote Prince!

www.johnprince.ca

You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Council Candidates, where are they?

JP, with the public meetings coming up, how about doing an entry where we can post questions for candidates?

For starters:

– Are you in favour of the Ranchland annexation?

– Are you in favour of the “Viability Review”?

– Would you continue with the Group Vachon – Best Western thing (or turf them and do something different)?

John
    DID you know?
    “The hottest spot in hell is reserve for those who do not take a stand”

3. Gary Taje says:

No John, you are finally seeing the real Dean Ward.

Question for incumbents at the public meeting:

“The Inspector pointed out that you have not disclosed your pecuniary interests. Would you care to disclose them now?”

I am not here to defend anyone but you sound very bitter. You have been mudslinging now for a few weeks. If I listen to you soon I will have no one to vote for. I think you have eliminated the incumbents except maybe Saindon. Goodbye to Kovach and Lazaratto and Ward. There are another 3-4 councillor candidates that have ties to the ratepayers, so not them. I am pretty sure that not that long ago you wrote about voting for someone instead of voting in whoever is left over after eliminating the rest. So maybe you can tell us who would make good candidates and why instead of bashing the others.
    As for Gary Taje, you also seem bitter. Dean tried to get Bridgecreek to try and pay fees and deposits all the while you and those who controlled council of the day stood by and watched. Dean also led the charge in closing down the CC. At least I can say that Dean was not any bodies lapdog.

6. Janet says:

With support from Gary Taje, no wonder why you will come in dead last.

You got me wrong, I’m not bitter and I’m not mudslinging, just trying to inform people of the dangers they may be facing if certain people get into office. What’s wrong with that? Would you prefer people just stay quite and let what’s about to happen, happen? Then everybody can cry later.

For the record, I’m not against Dean, just disappointed. As for Bill and Shar, I see them as I’ve already stated as a real danger to this community, one that can easily be avoided if people are informed as to what they truly represent.

As for the rest of the Ratepayers running for office, I’ve got no problem with any of them. In fact, I believe all of them would make fine councillors. And for Emile, he is the only one on this present council I would even consider casting my vote for.

So there you go, I’m not bashing anyone, I’m defending my community, that’s all.

As for Gary, I’m sure he can defend himself and doesn’t need my help nor in my opinion does he have to be the scapegoat for what went down with Bridgegate when so many others were far more guilty than he ever was of simply trying to do what he thought was best for this community and got took like everyone else. Why blame him only? If you want to be fair then you have to blame Dean also, as it was his councils that gave Bridgegate all the green lights.

John
    It is my belief that everything you write about on your blog is always derogatory, inflammatory, insulting and not worthy of comments from the victims of your vicious tongue. You are a chancre on the ass of this community and it would be the largest gift you could endow upon us all is to leave us all alone and leave this community forever. You have nothing to contribute except you vitreous bilious, character assassination of people of the this community who actually care what happens to it and are trying to do something about it. Get lost!!!

Gary worked for them. Big difference. He took dirty money.
    Is he running in Grande Cache?

Ah, another home town boy/girl’s vitriol of hate against those of us who dare tell the truth in exposing the lies and corruption running rampant in this community only to be told by one of the self-anointed ‘chosen ones’ to go back where we came from.

With respect to your local saints who you are so mistakenly trying desperately to defend, keep this in mind.

“If you’re not careful, the “lucky spermers” will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”

/btw These people you claim love this community so much, if true, why then has Community Futures done so little for them all these many years? What have these people actually brought to this community with respect to jobs, business initiatives, investment, etc. etc. Nothing is the answer to that question because they are parasites who live off their host. They are far from people who love their community, although they do a good job in projecting that image, the reality is far different. Open your eyes and do some research.

The only reason I mentioned Gary at all was because he took a shot at Dean. If he is going to dish it out then he is going to have to take it. If he took a shot at you, would you not let him have it? I am a Dean supporter.
    By the way I did like your reply to my post.

Was Dean involved with any money issues regarding the mines?
    Just wondering, heard some things on the street.
    Too many things though for me to support him.

You are one of the most ignorant
    (LUCKY SPERMER)telling John he should leave town.If he do that it would the Wild West in the PASS free for all for those of you lucky spermer and the HELL with the rest of US.
    I can’t confirm John will stop the corruption but he sure will slow it down.He is not the only one that was told to leave town.
    If you can’t stand the heat you are involve with the wrong crew
    it will get much hotter yet.
    I believe you’re the one that should think about leaving town.

Anon 11:44 am– so you are saying John is the only thing keeping us from ruin? His good words are drowned out by his negative ones, and that is the big shame here. I haven’t seen any change in what the regime has done or not done because of John. Do you really think he will be able to change the outcome of the election especially the ratepayers. It would be great if he could be on council at least to have a say in how things re done here.

As long as you keep up the lucky spermer bit, you are losing ground. What’s the point. All you are doing is further dividing the place, and the same people that usually are in power will still be there. Those that complain the most best get out and vote. That is how things will change the way you want them to.

Anonymous @ October 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Those money stories have been around for a while. Track down some of the miners who worked at the same mine as Dean before it closed, ask them about the pension fund, etc. You’ll get more than an earful.
    Ask around in the bars about getting an unsecured loan, guess who you get referred to?

Just saying, may be rumours or are they?

16. Doomsayer says:

John, just had a long talk with a municipal advisor from Alberta Municipal Affairs regarding Emperor Decoux running for both school trustee & Mayor.

It seems that there is no conflict because the two are different jurisdictions, he couldn’t run for two spots in one jurisdiction but separate ones are fine. The advisor however was amazed that someone would even think of trying to undertake two such time intensive positions.

It would appear that Decoux is indeed trying to split the vote, a pure head to head between you & Painter would indeed prove difficult to call. He knows that he can’t win but wants to confuse the issue & pull votes from you. Either that or his retirement castle in Az is coming up with cost over-runs & he needs the money.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
    ― Winston Churchill

I don’t think a school trustee job is intensive. Probably very few hours.

Another question for incumbents:
    “Are you going to deal with the CLC backfill issue at your final meeting, or leave the hole as a ‘legacy’ for the next Council”

Could we end up paying to haul the hospital rubble back to the site to fill the hole?

John I just got back from vacation and you are not running Shocked

1:10 “HIS GOOD WORDS ARE DROWN BY HIS NEGATIVE ONES” I am sorry to tell you John never wrote the book he is just reading to you. The truth is the truth;;; “You never see anything done or not done because of John” I know that he is not in Power YET. Just wait and see. “Change the outcome of the election” What does that mean? Only the voters can change the outcome of the election John is just the messenger for the truth. You like lies vote for the liars. You want the facts, vote for JOHN x

“success is not measured by what you accomplish,but by the opposition you have encountered,and
    the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds”
    Keep up the good work buddy

Vote for John, you’ll get the facts,
    Not the bloated schemes from whacks.

I’m not sure why,

I fail to see,
    where he does gain.

So vote for John,
    you just can’t lose.
    The other choices,
    are just more smooze.

Thanks for that, a very interesting and enlightening read. I remember those ads on the radio for Bridgecreek. Sounded so good, so glad I had no money to invest at the time. The crooks are out there everywhere. Sometimes…..I wonder……what is the point of working and saving? So many people, did without, scrimped and saved, for what? A fancy suit and shoes for some smooth talking nutbar. Kinda been there. He didn’t get it all, but a trusted friend and business partner took us for a nice chunk. I just cringe to think that I would have to work for 11 years at my current job, to make that money back. Water off my back….has to be. Life goes on, unfortunately, so do the crooks. Doesn’t really matter how smart you are……you can still get taken.

The only person worse for the Crowsnest Pass than Gary Taje is Dean Ward.

Wow, what a duo.

John let us assume you become the Mayor. Who would be your dream team of six Council members out of the 15 that are running?

4:32 hearing those ads again sent shivers up and down my spine and made me want to puke. If people only knew how much was lost.

“If people only knew how much was lost.”

I wonder……why? Why don’t people know?

Because to many politicians watching
    the trough…

“You are a chancre on the ass of thi community”
    You are the ass of this area I don’t see any community manners the way you talk.
    Do you know the diffinition of Community? Look it up.
    If we have a Community no one have to leave every one is included even JACKASS like you!!

I’m not hiding, that’s why my contact information (403-562-8716) has been made available to the public; so anyone and every one can reach me with any questions, comments or suggestions they may have. I simply refuse to partake in bad politics and attempt to sway the electors’ votes by questioning the ethics, experience, community involvement, values and opinions of any of the other candidates. In fact my hat goes off to all those who aren’t necessarily standing tall but are standing up. Nor do I believe in disrespecting the elector’s and the members of the community I hold such a passion for when I encounter them, election or not; I never have and I never will.
    I not only have the brains and am willing to put them to work to keep this community together, keep it strong and do my best to help make it prosper, but I also ‘have a pair’ as you put it despite the fact that I’m a woman; I used to be the bouncer at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and anyone who knows me knows I am far from ‘cowardly’.
    So if you feel I’m still ‘running scared, just praying I can get through a two-minute speech, answer a couple questions (hopefully from friendly supporters) and hope that I can coast to victory without ever having to show my metal’, then by all means, don’t post this message on your blog in regards to your comments. However, keep it in mind that yes, I have been checking in on your blog and I am fully aware that ALL comments are ‘subject to approval’ by you prior to posting, so if YOU are as honest and transparent as you claim to be, I’ll be expecting to see this comment posted within the next day or two.
    Sincerely yours,
    Jamie Thomson

Did you know??? Western Economic Diversification (WED) this is the organisation that was created by Ottawa to deliver the Community Futures Program to the 4 western provinces: B.C., Alberta, SK and Manitoba. If you ask them for a blank BYLAW #1 also called Constitution, I did this is the result. PART 8 DIRECTORS 8.5 TERM. Subject to the provisions of this ByLaw, Directors shall be elected yearly by the Active Members at an annual meeting. The Directors term of office shall be from the date of the meeting at which they are elected until the next annual meeting or until their successors are elected. The whole Board shall retire at the annual meeting at which the election of Directors is to be made but, subject to the provisions of the BYLAWS shall be eligible for re-election. If you don’t believe this ask yourself it’s Public Info. Just from this you can come up with many questions for those who want to CONTROL us. Put your imagination to work and vote for JOHN x I am.

JAMIE THOMSON 1:51 A.M.
    Jamie sound like she is so pissed off she will vote for you as soon she get a chance.
    Good for you John one more on your side. You sure know how to twist arms.
    You should do more P.R.very effective with your personality!!
    No one knew you were a smooth talker except Diane or did she?