Election Day 2013 – Municipality of Crowsnest Pass

CNP_ORIGINAL

Election Day 2013
Monday October 21 10 am – 8 pm

• Subdivision A: All electors from Coleman north and south of Highway #3 from 90th street west to the Municipal boundary. Voting Station: Crowsnest Pass Sports Complex, Banquet Facility 2nd floor (elevator Access) 8702-22nd Avenue Coleman
  • Subdivision B: All electors from Blairmore and Frank -91st Street east to 154th Street- North and South of Highway #3. Voting Station: Elks Hall, 2025-129 Street Blairmore
  • Subdivision C: All electors from Bellevue and Hillcrest – 155th Street east to the Municipal Boundary. Voting Station: MDM Community Centre (gymnasium), 2802- 222 Street Bellevue.

Voter Eligibility

• Canadian residents who have lived in Alberta for 6 months prior to the election and are primary residents of the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass on Election Day are eligible to vote.
  • Voters will be asked to show government issued identification at the polling station that shows the elector’s photograph, current address and name. If you are unable to produce government issued ID you must produce two pieces of ID from the following list: Authorized Identification

Comment:

We need to take the right to vote as a responsibility and obligation – not a chore or a mindless irrelevant task.

The people we elect will represent our wishes on a local level for the next four years and its important every resident of age has a chance to have input into who those people sitting around the council table will be. In this regard, be informed and make your decisions wisely for you will have to live with them for some time to come. As it has been said: “You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.”

UPDATE: 11:07 am

2013 Municipal Election Results
Viewing election results is now available on our new municipal website. Check it out here.

Every election is determined by the people who show up.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Election Day 2013 – Municipality of Crowsnest Pass

The LONG awaited day. It is going to pass by very slowly. Guess I should get out and rake some leaves, and breathe in some of this fine air, get a little sunshine on my shoulders!

p.s. Voted last Tues., so today is just a waiting game for me. Don’t forget to VOTE FOR JOHN, if you haven’t already. You won’t regret it!

Voted this morning, put my x beside your name. Shall see what happens. I could only come up with 3 councillors though. Oh well. Here’s hoping I do get the ones I picked.

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do this, but….

I made a comment on Dean’s blog this morning, I’ve given him till now to post it, but it seems like he has decided not to. Below is the comment. I’ll leave it up to you all to decide what that means.

“3:53
    I certainly hope that your last statement is true. I voted last Tues. and I put a very shaky X beside Dean’s name. The solidarity and secrecy needs to stop.”

Just for reference, 3:53’s last statement was “I don’t agree with some of Dean’s ideas, but I’m sure he won’t buy into the code of solidarity and secrecy the incumbents stand for.”

signed
    “Disappointed”

p.s. John, I’ll understand if you do not want to post this, at this point in time. I really didn’t want to have to compose this comment. I’ll leave it up to your discretion.

Please let me buy you some oceanfront property, in Arizona.
    I think you were right to be shaky.

Ha! Guess I have to live with that decision. Might have to give myself a V-8 bump. Almost time for the results. Ya Hoo!

You never had a chance because you disrespect your fellow citizens.
    Try for Councillor you may have a chance. You would be a very poor choice for Mayor.
    You really do need some professional counseling John. I am saying that to you to try and help you.

Pretty sad when Bruce gets only 10% of the votes and he still destroyed you!

goodbye, John…

John…goodbye. You did nothing for the Pass…

Loser, yet again John.

I think you’re a sadist…. or you just don’t know when to toss in the towel.

WHAT
    A
    SHIT
    SHOW

Fuck this, I’m moving to Sparwood.

It is official. We have now moved back into the deepest depths of the dark ages. This is scary! How could this group of whatevers have possibly hijacked this community? Four years of these people running the show? I agree with 11:40, Sparwood or just about anywhere else is looking pretty good right now. I was in Lethbridge recently, and according to some people I talked to, the Crowsnest Pass is a joke, nothing but rednecks who want to keep everything stagnant living here. Well, now we’ve got them running the show. Heaven help us all.

Dou you really want to make such a rash decision? The bus leaves at something like 3 in the morning.

Decoux has gone down
    John has lost his fight
    The Pony’s victorious
    In the election tonight.

The majority has spoken
    I won’t cry in my beer
    Democracy reigns
    So I won’t shed a tear.

Perhaps a party we’ll have
    with the voters who’re smart
    John tried and he lost
    But he sure did his part.

Well John what a ride.
    There is no one with any experience except Dean.

I really hope you reconsider and keep your blog. It is so useful.

When you talk like I beleive you are the brother of the girl at
    the post office. They had to tell you who to vote for SAD very SAD

The people got what they deserve, total surfdom.

So much ugliness covered up by the beauty in the Pass. Lucky people though, a whole new set of snakes ready to further the destruction of your mountain freedom to justify their agendas.Good luck.

He never had a chance, but ran because his supporters asked him to. I’m one of them, and I’m very thankful that he did. My other choice would have been “none of the above.”
    As for professional counseling, might I suggest it is YOU who need it, and I believe you will soon get it…..from the Province. Be prepared!

Bruce destroyed John? I agree, he destroyed something, but I don’t believe it was John, and….hmmm….just who let him do that? Maybe you, maybe me, maybe all the people who voted for him in the LAST election? Weren’t we all so happy and excited three years ago?

John was never given a chance to do something for the Pass. At least he didn’t sit on his “behind” and do nothing at all. Like you, and me!

Loser, hardly. You are the loser, to kick someone when they are down, who was only trying do something they believed in, and trying to make a difference. I repeat, three years ago, we all thought we were winners. It remains to be seen what exactly you have won. Crossing my fingers that these rosy red apples of fall, don’t go mouldy and rotten by spring of 2015. What will you do then? (With John’s blog gone, I guess you will have to start a “loser” one of your own, to post your venomous comments!)

How true this is !!!

Better be a sadist like John
    Than a RETARD like you???

If you have nothing else to say then copy Terry Megli’s mentality and vocabulary. Your comments are not required or appreciated. It is the two of you who BADLY need professional counseling.