Voting for a "hot headed, nut job"

hot headed

Hot Headed Nut Job

I’ve recently been told I have an image problem. In that I am perceived to be a “hot headed, nut job”.

Throughout history those who passionately tilt at windmills have been described as such. Just as there is a fine line between genius and insanity so there is between reality and delusion. Most people I think perceive “hot headed, nut jobs” as being delusional, something no one has ever accused me of… yet. :-)

So here I am living in a small town of delusional people living lives of conformity who at times it seems are more than ready, willing and able, to crucify those who are different from them. Those who they perceive or have been brainwashed into believing are “hot headed, nut jobs”.

I say above, people here are delusional because they keep doing the same things over and over again expecting different results, when it comes to selecting their leaders. It seems people here can handle pompousness and before that a sociopath but not a “hot head”. :-) This makes me laugh and want to cry at the same time. :-( Give your heads a shake people.

I don’t hear conservatives complaining because Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird, affectionately known as a pit bull, who is also known as a loud mouth, “hot head, nut job”, being the face of Canada to other nations, as being a problem. But some how John Prince is and should be disqualified from consideration? What a bunch of BS! How hypocritical can people be?

Instead of welcoming and embracing passionate people to a position of leadership knowing these people like John Baird will fight tooth and nail for your best interests you instead vote for those who want to change nothing, or everything, while being indifferent to your aspirations for your community? All the while knowing these people are nothing more than “masters at pissing on your leg, and then while smiling, telling you “it must be raining!”.

Now I ask you, “Who’s the real “nut job” here?”

It is a known fact that people from warm climates (half the world) such as Spain, Italy, as well as those from France and Quebecers (where I grew up), just to name a few, are known as people whose blood runs hot with passion. They’re “hot headed”. In most of the world this is not a character flaw (in fact, it’s quite the opposite), despite what some people, being mainly old folkies or square heads, may think.

I’m proud to be a person who feels passionately about things, and who is not afraid to stand up and be counted when the time comes. In fact, if people want to continue attaching the “hot head” label to me, please do, and I will continue to wear it with pride.

Now that I have gotten this off my chest, think what I have said, and go and have yourselves a long Happy Easter Weekend.

The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Voting for a "hot headed, nut job"

Ahhh….great stuff John. You just made my morning. Take one off my “tip tab” for this. (I believe I only have two left now.) Anyway, I admire you, and if you run, I will vote for you, and try to convince a few others along the way.

(Mar 15 11:18)

Ahhh, nothing like hearing from a fan. Thank you for your kind words and support. btw/ yes, you’re down to two credits. :-)

3. Lee says:

John I have always been a fan of yours as I do not like wimps and have always been a fighter for the underdog or helpless. I cannot understand people that do not think for themselves or will not stand up for what is right. I have known you for many years and I know you love this community. I hope people get over their ostrich thinking by the next election. I for one will vote for you as I know you will do what is good for this municipality. We need some fighters not yes men.

More people such as yourself Lee coming forward and speaking out and maybe we’ll be able to take back our community again.

Thanks for your kind words and support. They are very much appreciated!

But we do not live in Quebec, Spain or Italy. You also have mentioned in the past that you know this community.You will not be elected unless you can show your passion without the hot-headeness.I am not asking you to change, I am asking you if you want to be elected?Shake some hands,kiss some babies but whatever you do, do not lose your temper.You can rant on and on, but this will NOT get you elected.Sometimes you have to put on a show to get elected(just like all other politicians),once elected, then you can do the work that needs to be done.Either way you will still get my vote.

Kissing babies doesn’t get you elected here, but being part of the establishment does.

Whether I’ll waste my time running again is still an open question, as I’m not feeling the love that one would want and expect at a time like this? Maybe its because people here want more of the same old same old ‘good government’ they have been getting from the sociopaths and pompous individuals they’ve been electing here for the past two decades or so, versus what they might get with, ‘god forbid’, a ‘hot head’ like me.

btw/ do you really want another politician that says and does what you want to hear and see at election time only for him to turn around and do what this current mayor has and is doing, which is whatever he feels like and to hell with the electorate who put him where he is? Sorry, but I don’t. Besides I’m not built that way. What you see is what you get, warts and all, but at least you know what you’ll be getting.

The election before last (2007) I lost by a mere ~200 votes and in the last election (2010) people here voted for a name not knowing the man by way of a landslide… what do you do with a community like that? No amount of baby kissing is going to turn things around in this community with people having a mindset like that. No amount of honesty, integrity, experience and good intentions can stand up to successful propaganda smear campaigns by the elites against those they feel may be a threat to their power and influence. That is why I never win because “Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.”

Comments like yours just feed into this (smear), now don’t they? I’m sure that wasn’t your intention and therefore I answered you as best as I can. In future I won’t bother answering these types of questions or insinuations (accusations) but instead will refer people to this post.

Thanks Anon @11:56 for bringing an end to this matter of slander by way of innuendo, for me and my readers.