John Prince on How to Move Forward

“I Come In Peace”

How to move forward

Between old school and new school there is a “middle-way”. It’s the path that leads to liberation for our community from the tyranny of extremism and exploitation that we have endured these past two decades or so. The “middle-way” advocates a broadly centralist approach to our domestic problems. It is at times what is advocated here on this blog by Dean. It is the only real way we have of maturely and fairly dealing with the morass we find our community stuck in. It is what I believe is the solution to our problems.

I hope you will think on this and come to that conclusion too and work towards fielding and supporting candidates who will work towards those ends. The “middle-way” serves the majority, whereas the other two extremes keep us down, hold us back, while serving only a tiny minority for their benefit at our expense. The “middle-way” is the way.

The above is a comment I placed on Dean Ward’s blog yesterday afternoon that for some reason did not get posted by him, although I see other comments time stamped later than mine did?

I know Dean has been subjected to some thrashing lately and as a result has resorted to some heavy handed censorship stating any comments that are “personal or liable, or stupid or tasteless” will not be published. Fair enough. But I do not see how my comment above falls into any of these classifications? Does he now have newer censorship classifications he has not yet shared with his readers? The only other possible explanation I can think of then is that Dean takes exception to the “middle-way” and considers himself to be in one or the other of what I have referred to as extremist camps? This I find shocking, surprising and disturbing, if true? But I guess if you have already picked a camp and made your bed, you have to lay in it. Even if it isn’t by your nature and spoken word a natural fit, causing you discomfort and sleepless nights, if not on-going never-ending nightmares. :-o :-)

Anyhow, getting back to my comment and position above. What I tried sharing with Dean on his blog with his readers/followers I now share here with you in the hope that more people will become conscious of the fact we as residents here have a choice… if we choose to exercise it. We do not have to blindly follow in the steps of times past in taking our community down the path of extremism by allowing ourselves to be shackled to either old school or new school thinking, agendas and attitudes. The “middle-way” frees us from that entanglement of entrapment, in-fighting, doom and despair.

I know what has worked for me in the past when troubled with personal or financial difficulties and that is not to live in the past or worry about the future but to live in the present moment. Or put another way: “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” This way of thinking can work for our community as well by simply taking the “middle-way”.

“Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” Break with conformity! If enough new schoolers and old schoolers can come to this realization we can chart a new course together for this community that I believe will finally bring peace and prosperity to our little part of the world.

Lets give peace a chance is what I’m saying. What say you?

John Lennon – Give Peace A Chance

The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to John Prince on How to Move Forward

It is obvious that there are shit disturbers out there who comment on whatever blog is available for them to spread their BS. When you “shut down” for comments for a while they diverted their comments to Dean’s site. They are not impartial and speak for the Man.

Now, if you can stay between the white lines and keep the middle road, perhaps your message will resonate. But if you slam the old and new schoolers, it may not work. You may be able to get the voters behind the middle road concept..

Will be interesting to see how commenters react to this post.

I think this is an excellent post. I have one question from Dean’s site; I asked him about it but he might not answer. He said that he has a list of electors.

Is that list available to everyone?

Just wondering. Thank you.
    Keep up the good work.

John
    Keep on telling the facts the way it is,telling the thruth,and the corruption MUST be expose simple.
    If the voters are suckers for punishment there is nothing you can do about that.
    YOU can’t stop some one from commeting suicide if they are not willing to listen.
    You will always be proud that you did your BEST.
    The other side will always be ASHAME they did there worst.

Anon 10:38am the other side is and will not be ashamed. They do what they do without concern whether it is right or wrong for the people. They could care less as the last three years show. This does not include the ratepayers who are not of the ” school”.

John you have all the right ideas. People have to put their likes and dislikes away when it comes to picking people to run a community.We need qualified men and woman, self thinkers and doers, especially lovers of the community. We do not need egomaniacs powertrippers or those that want to make the rich richer. Pick a person that has had some hardships, and knows that life can be a sruggle That person will identify with the majority of us. We are the middle, so fellow strugglers pick our next candidates wisely. Welcome back John.

So you screen your posts one only allow supportive comments and then criticize Dean for doing the same?

“one?” do you mean “and?”

Unlike Dean, I do not screen and censor comments strictly on the basis of there being critical: of me personally with respect to my political position or stance, or the Ratepayers, or the “middle-way”.

Like Dean, I do censor comments that are totally off topic (like yours here), that are personal in nature, while adding nothing meaningful or substantive to the discussion at hand. Trolls and others of their kind waste their time here as well as their comments are not posted either.

basis of THEIR being critical

Thank you teacher, I’ll try to do better. ;-)

11. Lee says:

A person with a sense of true humor is priceless. John you can take it and you can give it. Not many people have that ability.

I am still wondering if just a common person has access to the electorate list as Dean says he does.

Is that not confidential information?

3 58
    Dean is not a common person.
    You should know by now he is a INSIDER only tell you a bit to keep you in suspence.

anon 3:58 Dean Ward does not say that he has an electorate list. Anonymous says this.
    John, you have done your share of censorship over the years so be careful of calling the pot black.
    The ratepayers have not endorsed anyone. However it is clear that they will support Blair. He is highly likely to be our next Mayor.
    Your strategy of old against new not being a good choice will not win you this election. It is nothing more than mudslinging. If you want to have a chance to win, I think you have to come out with an actual platform that is realistic and then get out there and sell it. IMO if there was an election today with John, Blair and Bruce running the results would be a landslide for Blair and the other two getting less than 20% of the votes combined. I think you would agree with this John, so why not try a different strategy.

You obviously have not been paying attention. John’s strategy is giving people a choice from being locked in by dead-end extremist views of either old school or new school mentalities. It’s called the “middle-way”.

Landslide for Blair? If true, it speaks volumes about the on-going stupidity of the people here. Again, voting for a name not knowing the man, having no track record. How stupid is that?

Exactly what happened last election when people here passed on two experienced newcomer candidates for mayor choosing as you said “a name not knowing the man” because he was born here.

How do you think it is going to work for you again this time, folks? :-0

Yes, it was anonymous that said he had a list of electors.
    Who would have that? Is that public?

Present mayor also had a landslide.
    How did that work?

I think some people are giving the ratepayers association too much attention. Do a lot of people really care who they endorse. I don’t. I will make up my own mind. I will not have people with personal agendas make my decision.

Anon 9:49 and 9:53 It is not that I disagree with your opinions. Its just not going to win John the election. You guys tell me if there were a vote today what would be the result?
    What does a track record have to do with anything. Did Calgary’s mayor have a track record?
    I voted for John last time and I will likely vote for him again this time. But try and understand that every time John rants about one side or the other he loses votes. And it does not matter whether you agree with him or not or whether he is right or not it is all about getting votes. Standing up for what you believe in is great but this is politics. When it comes to politics people are stupid, not just in the CNP either.

I have to disagree with you. I think John’s strategy of waking people up and making them open their eyes by stirring the pot as you say is an ‘excellent’ strategy. In that it will bleed soft support (and maybe quite a few of the hardliners) away from both of the extremes towards the center “middle-way” leaving only hardcore old school and new school extremists, who themselves are worried and doing all the crying and screaming and ‘muckraking’, behind. His strategy is sound and a winner in my opinion. Go John go!!!

If you want to see your comments posted stay on topic and don’t get personal. If you won’t be supporting me fine, I don’t need to hear it, and I certainly don’t need to advertise that fact for you on MY blog. Just as what Dean does. Get your own blog for that purpose.

I myself just wonder how someone could say the Ratepayers pick, Blair could win today. I myself have not even heard him speak, or talk about any topics. How can you form an opinion before that? John, I do hope you go for it, you may be surprised this time. Look how bad Dean lost and he is trying again. Maybe start getting organized now; get a team going and go for it. I will be on your team.

I don’t have to answer hypothetical questions. We don’t even know who’s running and besides we’re many weeks away from an election. Finally, I don’t answer to you and am under no obligation to do so. So there!

Get with the program or go back to where you came from… which is probably from the Dean/Blair blog.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4 35
    What a ignorant person you are.
    If some one don’t fit your agenda he is a waste of a man.
    If I knew who you are I would hold you down to make sure Diane kick in the teeths you nothing but ASS a jack ASS brain dead or what.
    You are the lowest of the low insulting someone that promote the truth

28. The Doomsayer says:

John, I see we are only getting part of the conversation with Anonymous @ 4:14 & 4:35.
    Whatever it is, take a deep breath, let it go & ignore posters like that. There are enough other issues without letting some idiot get to you. Remember, it’s ones like that who got us into the mess we’ve got now.

“One mark of a great soldier is that he fight on his own terms or fights not at all.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Let it be. Ignorant people can be found everywhere and one can’t do much with stupid except to accept that there is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.

Doomsayer,
    I deleted the offending post that attacked my wife… like she has anything to do with what goes on here on this blog? More intimidation and harassment by the opposition jackals who are running scared knowing as they do their platforms are both resting on three-legged stools whose third leg is loose and ready to give.

These types of acts of desperation are sure signs that the “middle-way” is resonating with people. By election time, who knows, we might have our own orange wave here in the Pass.

On Deans blog:
    I looked this up:
    LOCAL AUTHORITIES ELECTION ACT 50(3) The list of electors may be used only by
    (a) candidates for the purposes of campaigning for election, and
    (b) officers for the purposes of carrying out their duties under this Act.
    So to me that limits the amount of people that could have that list, who were calling out certain people’s opinions.

So I am also curious how 3:49 has this list.

Mon Aug 05, 10:00:00 PM 2013

I just don’t like the idea that someone made a comment, and Dean gives his name and says he knows he is supporting someone else. I do not think that is good. Then some other “commenter” on Dean’s site said he looked them up on the Electorate list and could not find his name. Wow. Then you wonder why people hesitate in giving their name. There you go!

On Facebook today, I received the following message from a friend:

“Good Morning John, How are you doing today? I noticed on your blog of “I Come In Peace” regarding Dean Ward and his blog site. I went to his site and I found your comment posted there and date stamped Aug 3, 2013. I am sending you a private message as I am not sure if you checked back on his site again… notice the date stamp and am not sure if you are aware of this or not? I sent this private message as a friend to help and as a friend thought you might like to know this. take care and have a great day please…”

Blah, blah, blah, … FYI, a date stamp is when the commenter posted his comment it is not necessarily when the blog administrator actually posted it. In this case it was approx. two days later than from when the commenter (moi) posted the comment, therefore my post to my blog in-between. Based on his recent track record, I doubt very much Dean would have posted it at all if it weren’t for my post on this matter that forced his hand.

Further to the above, let me add. Interestingly, once again, Dean had no comment, which speaks volumes as to both his state of mind and which side he has chosen to pitch his tent, without formally yet declaring his position. Cagey and sneaky, hey… just what you want in a politician, now isn’t it?

John
    I would ask you not to be cruel to Dean because.
    There is enough snakes to elect him
    There is enough FAIR people to elect you.
    Can you work with him or is he scare of you or the other way around?

Politically, Dean has never supported me. Based on his past and current track record it is highly doubtful I will be supporting him.

John, surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams. I too believe the ‘middle way’ is the way.

9:42 You are giving good advice but you’re still anon. Some of us will have to meet with John and let him know who we are before its to late. How do we do that is the question? Any suggestions come forward……. Maybe Sasha can be the liaison? She’s not scared, well intentioned, right person for the job.

I do not think Sasha would want to be involved. She will be running her own campaign, with her own chickens to fry.