I’ve given it my all….

election

…. more than that I could not do.

Some say don’t worry about winning or losing in this election; honouring your intentions and doing your absolute best is good enough.

If it is true that the mayor and incumbents will be no more after this election. New school in essence being banished for being ‘too new’. Is it inevitable then that we will have a return to old school? Is the ‘middle-way’ option even in the game here?

Hard to say, what with the media censorship and hatchet job and black out of my press release, platform and campaign in general along with my campaign manager falling ill at the beginning and being incapacitated throughout, and with no team or financing to speak of, and of course no advertising budget, it has been tough slogging. But I never gave up…. but once, and even then I picked myself up and did what needed doing.

So even though it looks far from promising I believe it is at the same time far from hopeless. Maybe others have a different take on it, I do not know?

Being a veteran of several election campaigns one always wonders if one could have done more, gone that extra mile so to speak. But you know, I’ve spent years fighting the good fight in trying to awaken in people here a deeper understanding of how things are and why, and what needs to be done to turn things around for the better. Tomorrow we’ll find out if enough people have been listening, or will far too many be like the ones I’ve written about recently who vote for candidates they do not really know due to being ignorant and ill-informed because they were too lazy to make the effort to ‘edumacate’ themselves beforehand. Will we once again be held hostage for another four years because of those who know not what they do in voting in who they do.

People here had the chance to support someone who was standing up for them, but I’m thinking will have chosen not to…. again. So who’s the potential real loser here? The one not given the chance to show what he could do for their benefit, or those deprived of receiving those benefits? As it has been said: “It is much easier to get ten thousand to work for the laboring man than to get one to work for himself.” People here seem incapable of working for themselves, instead choosing to allow the elites and special interest groups to lead them around by their nose like a dumb animal…. as someone recently put it here on this blog.

If in fact this is once again the case then I wash my hands of trying to be the positive difference for the betterment of this community and leave them to their fate. In other words, they won’t have Prince to kick around anymore. In this regard, this post here will be my second to last (after the one tomorrow in which I tell people where they can vote). This last one, I have already written and will post it after the election either on Monday night or Tuesday morning.

I guess with that there is nothing more to say. I’ll leave the last word to my man Frank who always said it best in situations such as this, with his immortal….

My Way

Practically the whole human race is hypnotized because it thinks what somebody else told it to think.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I’ve given it my all….

John, I am voting for you because I think that you are the most qualified for the mayors position. But the positives you have are more than offset by the bashing that you gave to the various groups and individuals who do the voting. This started with your over reaction the day after the last election, when you we’re miffed that the people didn’t vote for you. You cooked your goose then and there, and again over the last three years on a consistent basis. You do not seem to recognize that people do not forget being called derogatory things and remember these things more than your qualifications. Such a sad situation, with no one to blame but yourself. I hope you recognize this, this time around — and in your Exit Email.

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your forthrightness and honesty…. which is exactly what I have consistently tried to deliver here myself on this blog.

You say I bash people? I prefer to look at it as throwing cold water in their face to awaken them from their slumbers. Or maybe as with sleeping beauty, my being a Prince and all, you prefer I awaken them with a kiss? :-) Either way, I don’t believe I have been bashing anyone. It’s not my style. However, telling people the truth they don’t want to hear, forcing them to think about that they would prefer not to, making them swallow the medicine that tastes bad but is good for them is what I do. That I don’t sugar coat things in order to appease sensitive souls, this I admit. I admit, I don’t piss on your leg, and then while smiling, tell you “it must be raining!”. Instead, I tell it like it is and I don’t apologize for doing so either. It’s my job to tell the truth about things. Not to garnish it up for you so that you can swallow it better. Obviously, I’m not a professional politician, nor a suit. Would you really prefer more of that which has caused you and this community so much grief?

If people want to support someone because he smiles at them sweetly and tells them BS they want to hear then don’t be surprised later to find out that’s exactly what it was…. BS. With me, what you see is what you get. A rude, crude, dude, with attitude who cares little about niceties by putting lipstick on a pig, and more about realities in standing up, in calling a pig a pig.

It has been said: “A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.” If people here can’t stand the truth about themselves, why we’re where we’re at, how we can’t seem to break the cycle of going round in circles, what needs doing to get us back on track, preferring instead to stay stuck in the mud with one of their own leading them into the quicksand, then go for it. But don’t cry later as what you have been doing these past three decades that you weren’t warned about the lies you live under believing them to be truths.

Hell, if people would have listened to me over the past 15 years we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in. Which just goes to show misery loves company i.e. People have a habit of inventing fictions they will believe wholeheartedly in (like only a hometown boy can both understand us while leading us forward) order to ignore the truth they cannot accept. Until people here stop believing in the lies they tell themselves and face the truth their misery will only grow. As the saying goes “the truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.” My job is to piss people off and by doing so make them face the truth. That is the only way you or a community can move forward, by facing up to the lies and moving forward towards truth.

If that costs me votes and makes me unelectable whose fault is that, the truthsayer or those who can’t handle the truth? And who will be the potential loser here? The one not given the chance to show what he could do for the people’s benefit, or those deprived of receiving those benefits? As I’ve said before, “I’m the medicine this community needs that tastes bad but is good for you.”

Are you people here finally ready to take your medicine? Or do you want to continue living a lie? I don’t know, we’ll find out tomorrow.

Well, a note without one ” dimwit, stupid, ignorant, etc etc”. You used a lot of cliches, and no Name calling. Now If only you had done this all along. Good luck in the race, its who gets out to vote in this one. ( no, not the ones that count the votes….).

In my view, the voters of the CNP should let go of the past and look at this election as our last chance of survival and realize the importance of moving forward in a positive direction. Voters need to take a good hard look at the present issues that need to be addressed over the next term and drop the baggage we’ve been carrying around and take a good educated look at each and every candidate and their platforms. That said I think most people would agree, we need experience but not the experience we have just suffered through and definitely not someone with zero experience … you’d think we would have learned from our last mistake. That being said, John Prince should be getting the votes. Just sayin …

Speaking of those who live a lie afraid of the truth Dean Ward is on this blog as I write this. I sent him an anonymous comment earlier today (that he did not post) in which I spoke about how his election poll could quite possibly have hurt candidates running who are not with the Ratepayers slate, and how unfair this was to them. By way of comparison, I mentioned the fact in the last election his poll at that time suggested the Four Horsemen were strongly favoured to win when in fact they did not, being defeated badly.

Anyhow, the point I am making is, here is a case in point of someone putting themselves forward as being accountable and responsive to the people and yet he is anything but. I put negative comments about me on this blog all the time (see the one above on top for example) Granted not all of them, because I have my standards about human decency, honesty, liability, personal, etc.,) but for the most part I do not block comments strictly because I am being called out for doing that which is wrong. Doing something like that is wrong in itself. It is living a lie while pretending to believe in truth, which is what Dean has been doing throughout this election campaign in only posting that which is favourable to him, and which does not go adversely against the Ratepayer team. For someone who has consistently spoken out about wanting to see from others with respect to openness, transparency and accountability he seems reluctant to practice this himself. They have a word for this type of behaviour. It is not very nice, so I won’t say it here. Enough said.

Good luck tomorrow John, and I really do hope that you don’t shut down your blog.

Glad I don’t have to work tomorrow. The suspense is killing me. I’ll be tossing and turning all night. It’s been a long and frustrating haul the last couple of years. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication John. I’m really hoping this is the beginning, and not the end! GOOD LUCK!

John, the way I see it Bruce had 3 years to prove himself, he can’t do the job forget about him. Blair has no experience whatsoever, and a nice guy to boot. Nice guys don’t make noise. Who is left to handle the two snakes in the Pass, BILL and SHAR. John has already proved to us that he is trained to handle this type of vermin if those snakes get carried away. John knows what to do. Is this not COMMON SENSE solution? If you have experience you can look after that type of animal. If not, then stay out of the zoo.

Didn’t you post a poll even before you said you were running for mayor? If memory serves me correct, it was BEFORE Dean posted the one on his blog. Might I suggest you check on the facts and go through your memory before posting? Like you insist we all do?

John, a great run on your part. I believe that you have finally opened some eyes to the elitist mentality in the Pass. The lucky spermers exist everywhere. They are aging but they are leaving a legacy behind once again with their own children. Sadly the kids are taking the wealth and thumbing their collective noses at society. We are a ‘me’ world John and those with money and power are beyond loathe to give an inch to their wider community. They have no use for those that have trouble paying inflated taxes, those residents that come upon hard times, seniors on fixed incomes, the list goes on ad nauseum.

The Pass is home to three huge egos. Gallant – equal to a BBoy any day of the week, Decoux, a dinosaur of government with an never ending trough of your tax dollars to feed his dreams, Bill Korvach (sp), a true elitist that opposes any new business unless it is going into his new office space.

Thanks for letting me into your world John, tomorrow may bring a ray of hope for the Pass.

Anon 8:47 pm– The “me” generation is generally the younger crowd, and may or may not included those that have things handed down to them. But from what I see, the latter work hard and earn their dollars. I have a hard time understanding how you think that they should take a day off and stand on the corner and give their money away. They likely co tribute more to Society than you think.

How can you say “they have no use for those that have trouble paying….fixed income”. You talk as if anyone with money should just up and give it to those who have less as the money comes in.

Your last statement about Kovach is really confusing. What do you know that we don’t?

If John does get elected mayor, he would soon find out that he can’t just give it all away, but has to work for the benefit of the entire community. That means the elitists, average person and have nots as you call them. It would be nice to see him as mayor!

Have you ever heard of

“The Rich get richer and the Poor get poorer.”

There are reasons for that. It is a true statement, and a lot of it has to do with politics. I agree with your last statement wholeheartedly. It would be nice to see John as Mayor, not only nice, but we NEED him.

John posted a poll in early September. There were no names on the poll, just old school, middle school, and new school. Go check it out, and get YOUR facts straight. It was also an exercise in showing us how we could be manipulated. I think he proved his point, and it only shores up his argument in his above comment. Put your blinkers on if you must, but, I’ve got my eyes wide open, and I’m looking to wider horizons.

Anon 11:03 pm. You are right on. Since the 2008 financial cash, 95% of the of the money gains went to the top 1% of people. That’s because they had the money to begin with and were in the stock market and had the necessary contacts. The rest of us are left to dangle in the wind.

If one follows what is happening in the USA, they will see that their economy is in trouble because they can’t control their spending. We are in the same boat here but on a smaller scale, since the elitist control is common in both places. I do not think that the “people” recognize this, and we will pay the price over the next four years.

Oh well, we will bob along until its too late. Guess you can then say” I told you so” which will be small comfort as we slip into the financial abyss in the Crowsnest. Too old too soon, too smart too late!

Good luck to all who put their name in the hat. Let’s hope the rabbit is pulled out.

I think all voters in the CNP should read this before they go to the polls: http://danikloo.com/2013/10/20/think-and-vote/

I’m hoping for a rabbit with a long mane, flowing tail, and lots of battle scars!

No time to fade Away now?
    just Google Community Futures Crowsnest Pass and relax