Municipal Election Candidates Forums

Election Candidates Forums Schedule

The Crowsnest Pass Chamber of Commerce has just finalized plans for two Municipal Candidates Forums, to take place next week.

The first Election Forum will take place on Wednesday, October 9th, start time is 7:00 PM at the MDM gymnasium in Bellevue (2802 – 222 Street, Bellevue). All Candidates for Municipal Councillor are invited to participate.

The second Forum and Mayoral Debate will take place Thursday, October 10th, start time 7:00 PM at the MDM gymnasium in Bellevue (2802 – 222 Street, Bellevue). All Candidates for Mayor are invited to participate.

NOTE:
I will ^NOT be participating in the Mayoral Debate.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Municipal Election Candidates Forums

Boycotting the event?

I’m confused. Was it not you who had mentioned that the forums were too short and lumped together with only a 5 minute presentation allowed? Now when we have a separate Mayoral debate, you decline. How else do we see your positions stacked up against the other candidates? Or are you a non-candidate candidate? Lucky Spermhobia?

and then there were two….

4. Gary Taje says:

Come on John, I dont see how it makes any sense that you, a person who always has a lot to contribute and is running for mayor, is not taking part in a forum for those seeking that office

Afraid of some questions?

If your not going, your voters won’t be going either. Go.

Why the hell would you bitch, piss and moan for months on end after the last election about there not being enough time for the mayor candidates to express their platforms or have any kind of debate during the last forum yet now that you have a separate debate with the proper time alotted you decline to show up??? Chickening out is what I call it.

John, on a previous comment, several days ago, I suggested that a separate Mayoral forum would be a good idea. You agreed. Now we have it, and it is a good thing. Do you not suppose that perhaps I wanted to hear what you have to say? How can you expect anyone to vote for you if you don’t show up?

You really, really need a campaign manager. You have been shooting your mouth off and now with a chance to speak you plan on running away like a pup with his tail between his legs.

I don’t understand why you would not want to participate.
    You might reach a few people.
    Not everyone reads your blog.

Are you AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!

It’s simple. The game is rigged, the deck is stacked against me, the winner has already been decided (as with the last election) even before Nomination Day. Therefore, I will not participate in a farce subjecting myself to ridicule and amusement for the gratification of the simple minded in a lost cause.

Gary, I can’t tell you how good it is to hear from you again…. although I wish it had been under different circumstances.

13. Joe says:

John
    Other than whining, it was obvious from the beginning that you sole intention was to sabotage the election process with you animous towards the electorate in the Pass. You are always whining about your “poor me” status in society, so get off you ass and do something about it. Either shit or get off the pot and either attend the Mayor Forum, so that people can talk with you or withdraw. And for a change have something positive to say rather than being totally negative in your commentary

If you knew the game was rigged then why even throw your hat in the mayoral ring. You did this after the Inspector Ratepayers Petition report meeting, Another off the cuff decision? You have the experience and knowledge but appear to lack judgement. Let us see what you have, and at least exposé the BS that you say that the other two candidates spout. This will show who has the best way forward. It’s not the present mayor and its not the other challenger.

John,

Are you suggesting that there to ensure was vote rigging in the last election, because that is a very serious allegation. The people, who gave their time in the last election and worked very hard to ensure the election process was honest and fair, deserve an APOLOGY from you FORTHWITH.

John, if you cannot stand up for what you believe in for an hour or so, how are you going to fare for 4 years in that scenario.
    It is a no brainer to me that if you are running for office and have the opportunity of a forum, it should not even be a decision. Of course you go.

I appreciate everyone’s concern and advice, including my ever faithful critics and haters, but you’re all misguided if you think my showing up will make any difference in the outcome of this race.

I have to go out right now to visit the optometrist with my wife, and afterwards breaky at Timmy’s and some local shopping, but upon my return I will write another post here expanding on why I made the decision I have.

John my friend
    This is the way to go when there is to many vulture you stay away good move.
    Those signs from those Luck Spermer
    just prove they have more money than you not more SMART.
    Those people that want to control everything are very sick and they don t even know it.
    fred

19. Gary Taje says:

Go to it John you never know. Back in the free trade election in 89 I ran for the NDP in our federal riding. That election was also the first for the new Reform party. I got a call from a group just outside of Calgary (Red Deer Lake) that they were hosting a forum in that little very wealthy community. I asked about the format. Well when I got the answer that this was basically going to be to answer specific questions from the host group that all pointed to support reform principles and that they had only contempt for my party I almost didn’t go. As I was basically campaign on my own I was fearful..but I sucked it up and went and took my left wing message into that radical right gauntlet. End result I survived, recieved one loud round of applause (defending french language rights non the less) gained some respect. Definately didn’t get any votes though but it was the right thing to do.

Go to the forum don’t let them push you around.

I see you have a backer in Gary Taje. We all know what he done for this community.

I think you got Gary all wrong. He wasn’t and isn’t the bad guy, the guy above him on his council at the time is where all the blame should rest.

In my books, Gary is an honourable man who got a bad rap for simply trying to do what he thought would be best for the community, and got took along with everybody else involved in the schemes of a couple ‘gold dust twin’ shyster crooks who still have not got their just deserts, from what I understand.

Delayed justice for the defrauded investors and for this municipality is no justice at all.

I am one of those duped investors. THe two dirtbags have not seen any justice to date. As a matter of fact they are back in business “developing” in OKatoks. I emailed their council members, but they do not heed my warnings. Gary Taje put groceries on his table with my family’s hard earned (ripped off ) money. I am not a fan of his. He did not do the honourable thing and expose these animals for what they were. INstead, he disappeared leaving the victims high and dry.. Now I understand the municipality is forcing a sale of the land to cover the taxes that the fraudsters did not pay…this means the victims now have nothing left….zero…come on MR TAje, speak up and let’s hear what you know. I mean, you must have been privy to some pretty shadey things. You rubbed elbows with common street criminals. Gangsters and racketeers.

Anon @2:01 & Anon @7:33
    Both of you people are off topic. This post is not about Bridgegate or Gary Taje. If Gary wants to respond its up to him, but I will not post anymore comments directed to Gary regarding the above. Please stay on topic.