Please don’t vote….

…. if you’re ignorant, ill-informed, or lazy. Instead of being reckless do yourself and your community a favour and stay home. Don’t vote!

Not voting is a perfectly valid choice if you can’t do a good job. It’s a whole lot smarter to put the decision making into the hands of your better-informed, responsible neighbors and fellow citizens like me who know what the hell they are voting for. If you don’t know the issues, stay out of our way. You’re not doing the community a favor, you’re screwing over the rest of us. You need to invest some actual time to research the candidates’ basic positions.

I don’t want you voting if you don’t know enough about the issues to render a decent opinion. I don’t mean an ill-informed one – i.e., one that is the opposite of mine. I mean someone who hasn’t got a clue until getting into the voting booth, who doesn’t really know the issues or anything about his or her local candidates or measures. Or someone who is just following the crowd because you are lazy, and too afraid to do your own homework, while lacking in the area of having a certain degree of independence of mind.

This is my personal threshold test: You need to have spent at least as much time on this election as you did the last time you watched “Survivor” or “American Idol” before you cast your votes. You know that’s two hours if you watched the whole show. Two hours, is it truly too much to ask?

So if you are thinking of voting yet have done nothing to ‘edumacate’ yourself stay home because you are a danger to yourself and society, and therefore should not even go near a voting booth.

On the other hand, if you have done your homework, are informed, have studied the issues and the candidates, please vote as your vote counts and is important. For I know at least one of your choices will be for me, and as such, will be one that moves our community forward in a positive direction and towards a brighter future. Thank you!

I’m John Prince and I approve this message. This message has been brought to you by the re-education committee for proper principles in the electing of responsible members to our municipal government.

p.s. That should cut down on the B.P. supporters. :-0 :-)

www.johnprince.ca

My way of joking is to tell the truth. It is the funniest joke in the world.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Please don’t vote….

Sorry John, I think you are really out of line on this one.
    You can’t tell people whether to vote or note. If they want to vote and still haven’t done research, that is still their right.

Just received a couple of nasty’s (must be B.P. supporters :-)). Only the ignorant and ill-informed can behave that way. Must hate being called lazy. ;-)

Lighten up: you need to stop taking life and this election so seriously. Reread my post again and look for the humour behind the message. :-)

If you don’t have a licence you can’t drive a B Train on the highway.
    If you don’t know the issues you are very dangerous.
    Lot of snakes ready to fool you????

Look what the snake did to Adam and Eve
    Now Harper turned that in to
    Adam and Steve
    You want Shar and Bill
    WE WANT JOHN x

look at this one

I don’t watch much TV. I am worried. Just “Survivor” or “American Idol”?

I have already voted so can I rescind my vote?

I’m thinking, if you took away the ignorant, ill-informed, and lazy vote there would go Blair’s majority. Just saying. :-)

7:13,

If you took away the “ignorant, ill-informed, and lazy vote” you wouldn’t have a free, democratic, election.

And if you take away my keyboard, you won’t have the typos.

I meant ‘7:03’

You wouldn’t have the end-results and repercussions of having given the vote to these “ignorant, ill-informed, and lazy voters” either. :-(

“Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.”

The end results? Whom ever votes, and which ever way, I will learn to deal with the results. There are countries that the supressed have not been able to vote. Now some do.

Everyone should be encouraged to get out and vote! It does matter.

And Decoux’s before him.

“Everyone should be encouraged to get out and vote!”

I disagree. If you are ignorant and ill-informed because you are too lazy to do your homework then you should not be voting because you will be cancelled my vote. Why should I suffer having done my due diligence because you choose to remain ignorant and follow others blindly like a dumb animal.

The roulette ball may have landed but the ‘spin’ is too fast to see the results. Monday night we will see the results.

7:43.

I have to be honest and admit that I am having a bit of an issue in picking my anterior parts off the floor due to a sudden lack of breath.

I regress. as I am but a “dumb animal”. I do not possess the PHD that you seem to allude to possessing. It seems that the current mayor thought that he had the knowledge, experience and education, to deliver what was best for us “dumb animals” that may be a major part of this community.

Did I somehow miss your name on my ballot?

You can’t be very intelligent if you not sure if missed some one name on a ballot.
    Very little to be confuse with.
    May be home made???

We’re all in the same game;
    just different levels.

Dealing with the same hell;
    just different devils.

What I read here is: 1. Bring back the poll tax so only those with money can vote; 2. Be like Russia and Iran and run only candidates approved by who– John or Bruce; 3. Only the informed can vote- according to who is one it intelligent and informed. All hogwash.

The key is to get any person qualified to vote to the polls. Who they vote for is their choice and I’m sure that you would see different election results, especially for the candidates running behind……..but then there would be those that complain about everyone voting because of 3 above.

I was on FB last night browsing some of the Pass groups that are there and it blew me away to see people I know to be otherwise intelligent long-time residents who refuse to do research or look at anything that might threaten their preconceived ideas or convictions with respect to those they have decided to support in this election. These are the ignorant, ill-informed, and lazy voters who will be deciding, once again, the future of the Pass. God help us all!

No wonder we keep going round in circles with this “lucky spermer” mentality being the only criteria and qualification these people take into consideration when deciding who to vote for. :-(

11:38 Everybody wants the masses to vote. You just try to confuse the situation. If everyone voted their mind, then that’s ok. If too many vote based on how the snakes tell them to, then that is NOT ok. What is it here you do not understand????

I believed 11:38 got his head
    stuck up someone BUTT.
    Pull out and take a breath.

Whatever you do don’t fill the ballot just because you feel you have to. Vote for the ones you feel y ou know and can trust and to hell with the rest.

Lot of common sence here.
    Just half of the votes for the snakes.
    There won’t be many x on those ballots how many can you trust///

How does one know who is ignorant against one who has researched.How does someone know if I voted for Bruce that I did not do my homework first. About 50% of voters choose not to vote. To think that people vote just because they have the right without any thought being put into it, is wrong. It might be as simple as a barroom talk or over the supper table or anywhere, but some thought has gone into their ballot. It is those running for council that must get there message across to sway votes. Not one person knocked on my door and tried to convince me to vote for them as has been the practice in the past. Why not? Maybe it is the hopefuls that are ignorant!

A woman I know who is mentally challenged told me the other day that one of the women working at the Blairmore Post office told her she should vote for B.P. Speaks volumes to what you have been telling us here John.

I you vote for Bruce and you did you homework you ether stupid or you don’t know how to read or you just don’t give a f—-k
    We call that smart like sticks???

If the woman that is mentally challenged on 2:32 vote for B P she wiil communicate well with 2:23 at the ballots box.
    Kangaroo election with Canada Post
    directing the traffic.
    You sure that was not the Purelator
    woman it belong to C. P.

Here’s a thought.

Why don’t we get a consulting firm from Edmonton to vote for us. They seem to be making all the other decisions for us….why not this one??

Just received a “Household Survey” from a consulting firm, “RC Strategies” in Edmonton.

“Help plan the future of recreation in Crowsnest Pass!”

Must get it mailed (to Edmonton!) by October 31st. (self addressed, stamped envelope provided.)

I’ve spent a considerable amount of time, answering the questions, (or not, as some just irritate me,) but I’m not too sure I want to send it back. This just bothers me.

This is 6:44

I forgot to add:

Vote for John

I think he is the only one with the expertise to help keep our choices and decisions “local.” We CAN decide for ourselves, and let’s not let anyone tell us any differently.

Why not let Bruce and Blair take the ballots box to Edmonton and set it up at city hall??
    Just like those secret mettings???

The endorsement for BP was most likely from Hillcrest Post Office. They are related to the Painters. Poor handicap Sheeple .

I don’t think I could trust anything that has been to Edmonton and back. Not after the last three years anyway!

Anon 4:37 If you are so smart maybe you should first learn to read. I did not say I was going to vote for anyone. It was just an example. My argument was about ignorant people voting(no such thing).

I know someone who voted for the person on the top line. I would argue that yes, there is such a thing!

Anon 4:37 pm. Perhaps YOU should learn how to write since you open with ” I you vote for Brice…” What does that mean, you vote for Brice? Plus your grammar is a little gross, paysan.

Perhaps it is you who needs to reread what you are being critical of? There is no mention of “Brice’. The name Bruce was correctly used here.

Anon1:11PM –your corect. Hopefully Bruce, Brice, Bryce, Brucy Babe, or bruce will be packing his nags for a trip south after tomorrow.

If you are so smart yourself read the comment again.Did I say you are voting for Bruce?
    Don’t use the word IGNORANT to loously it fit also.

If you did your homework and you still vote for Bruce.
    There is something wrong with you.
    Bruce destroy this Community and you still vote for him?
    Then you are not normal.
    That is what I understand from 4:37
    comment.I agree with him/her!

Nothing is “normal” about this place.

Don’t you just love it!

No, it is absolutely pathetic.

Oh, sorry you feel that way. I guess I’m not “normal,” that must be why I feel like I fit in.

Personally, I think too much emphasis is placed on ‘low voter turnout’. The stark reality is that most eligible voters either can’t, or more likely won’t, make the effort to become informed enough about election issues and candidate positions. From the perspective of a voter who does make that effort, one should appreciate the rationality of an uninformed voter making the conscious choice NOT to vote. At least that way, the election results reflect the will of the electorate who take the time to vote in an informed fashion, rather than basing their vote on the number of election signs they see (name recognition), or the physical appearance of the candidate from photos/TV/online.

By not voting, the uninformed voter is making an (un)conscious choice to allow better informed voters to do their reasoning on candidates and the issues of the day for them. Is that not preferable then somehow coercing the uninformed to vote in some way based on superficial reasoning? I think so.