PRESS RELEASE: JOHN PRINCE For MAYOR

After much deliberation on whether I should or should not run again the decision was finally made for me last night with the release of the Municipal Inspection Report with its recommendation threat of “dissolution“.

If this community ever needed a fighter to stand up for it, it never needed it more than now.

In this regard, below is my official announcement by way of a Press Release of my candidacy for Mayor in the upcoming municipal election. If you have any idea’s, concerns, questions or just want to help my election website address can be found at the bottom of this page.

PRESS RELEASE: JOHN PRINCE

My name is John Prince and once again with strong support from family, friends, neighbours, and acquaintances, I am announcing my candidacy for Mayor of Crowsnest Pass.

As many of you know, I have already served one term as Municipal Councillor and am presently seeking election to the Mayor’s chair. My wife Diane of 43 years and I have lived in the Crowsnest Pass for almost 20 years and have developed a strong sense of community. We have both been actively involved as volunteers in many organizations throughout the Pass.

With over 20 years in the Hotel and Airline industries, I have a wealth of knowledge and management experience in Hospitality and Tourism, gained from having worked and lived over the years in four provinces. As well, I am a graduate of British Columbia Institute of Technology (B.C.I.T.) Hospitality, Tourism & Business Administration. My wife and I have spent a further 20 years as owner/managers of several small businesses in the retail sector. Until recently, I was a licensed Realtor® with CENTURY 21 here in the Pass. By year’s end, I will have reached retirement age… but I’m not quite ready yet to retire. Far from it!

Service to the community and a passion for politics along with a firm belief that there’s no point “just complaining about things, you have to do something about them” is why I am running for Mayor.

When I was a councillor I stood up and spoke up when others went along like lemmings, much as what we have now. I know most people remember me speaking up against wrong doings by the Mayor & Council at that time, but I was made out to be the bad guy because I didn’t go along with the establishment elites and what wrongs they were trying to put across to the people here. Years later, we now find out I was right and they were wrong. I wasn’t the bad guy after all, but a good guy who had stood up ahead of his time for what was right. I stood up for the people then and I will stand up for them again, especially now, with all this talk of “dissolution” in the air by the Municipal Affairs Inspector by way of our recently released Municipal Inspection Report.

I will not let myself be making deals in backrooms and I will ask the people what they want, not simply do what the elites and special interest groups here want without consulting with residents first. I have proven to you that I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will who is conscientious and honest who will work hard for the good of the community, and not just the chosen few or for my own ego.

I too am one of the majority in this community who struggle to pay their bills. I’m just like you and do not want my tax $ to go for signs & monuments. We are being nickeled-and-dimed to death with one form of taxation or another that now includes ‘Revenue Police’ (Peace Officers) patrolling our streets and highways. Meanwhile we still have potholes that need fixing and empty stores that need filling. We have imported administrators tripping over each other, themselves living the high life at our expense and we are also supporting consultants with money that should go to seniors or projects that will make our community more comfortable and ‘enjoyable’ for its residents. In this regard, renewed efforts must be made towards making our community more viable and sustainable.

I will see that locals who know the Pass and its people will be hired to administrate it and that community organizations will be allowed to use their knowledge & understanding in their chosen fields to manage their own affairs. And these volunteer organizations will be appreciated as a privilege to have in this community for the integral part they play in making our community the very best it can be.

As a community we have been in turmoil for some years now. From decades of little change and going nowhere, to in the last three years of too much unwanted change while still going nowhere. Real leadership that listens to the people, to their wants and needs with the intention of delivering on those wants and needs is what is needed here. My job, as I see it, will be to bring people and this community together again in a common effort to once more instil our ‘Mountain Freedom‘ Spirit here in the ‘beautiful’ Crowsnest Pass while at the same time retaining our integrity and independence.

My motto is “CHANGE for the BETTER… One practical step at a time.” With real leadership you can count on.

I am asking for your support and your vote in the upcoming election on October 21.

p.s. For more information about me, my platform, and what I stand for visit me at: www.johnprince.ca

Better to stand alone with truth, than in the company of lies.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to PRESS RELEASE: JOHN PRINCE For MAYOR

John, it’s about time. You made my day!!!

I am really happen. I plan to support you all that I can. Please do not be afraid to ask for any help you need.

John, with the results of your informal pole, it is very obvious to me, that you would probably not win as a mayoralty candidate. I would therefore STRONGLY urge you to reconsider and run as a councillor, where you could really do some good as we need a voice like yours in council. Please give this some thought.

That poll meant nothing. If anyone should run for a councillor seat first it is not me but the other guy, especially if he really had the best interests of this community in his heart and mind first, rather than simply his ego.

I agree John, polls mean nothing. They are just for fun.

6. Peter Rosner says:

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physically or anything else it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus and you must not stay there you must go beyond them” –Bruce Lee Good luck John it takes courage to do this.

Peter,
    Thank you! Very much appreciated.

Dean, you said the following:
    The consultant feels that the Crowsnest Pass as never come together as one community since amalgamation in 1979.
    You said you don’t believe that. Really.
    I believe what they said is true. It feels like separate towns, not one municipality.

9:54. You know nothing and are wrong. You can do this John.

Both Dave Filipuzzi and Blair Painter have vendettas to settle. That’s the real reason why they’re both running in this election. Nothing more, nothing less. V for Vendetta.

Dave was interested I. Sure when he was an employee, but couldn’t get involved in politics. Blair was a fireman sure, but do you really think that is the only reasonr he is running. Good luck to both of them and to Anon 9:12PM, V for Victory to both of them.

No, sorry, V is very much for Vendetta – and add also Vindication.

The need for change in the cfo is needed to restore peace in the office. That is for sure. If you support that change you will get a lot of support and votes.

The race is now on. Going to be interesting.

I agree with 9:12. Do they want to fire the fire chief and change things back? The fireman walked out – they quit. Wish Hillcrest hadn’t backed whatever shit that was going on in Blairmore – maybe they would still have a hall. Guess that shows how united the fire departments were after all.
    Glad you are running John!

Do you think this “dissolution” item would have to be initiated by the Municipality themselves? I think the government probably just wants to forget it. They are just probably thinking – whoa, please no more petitions from them – perceived or real.

In my opinion, Blair is strictly for his fire department. In this regard he failed miserably in both advocating for a walk-out and in his subsequent actions in standing up to Pompous Bruce and his band of merry men. What makes people think with his dismal track record and inexperience he is the man to stand up to the powers that be in Edmonton over ‘dissolution’ who eat his kind for breakfast each and every day? I think not!

So Hillcrest was closed because they stood with Blairmore and not because the fire hall wasn’t needed, great decision making and V for Vendetta say what. As for Blair having to stand up against Edmonton re dissolution, I think that as mayor he would try to right the ship and get it back on course first rather than concentrate on Edmonton. How can he have a dismal track record if as you say he has no experience or political savvy.

It would be nice to have some comments from Blair Painter, on something. Through everything back at John but at least he is making his thoughts known and discusses it. Where oh where can little Blair be, oh where oh where can he be.

Don’t know what you mean by your first sentence? But with respect to your second, I think that is a given for anyone who is successful in winning office, especially for those having prior experience and knowledge in how to get the job done.

With respect to your final comment, what I was implying is over the years when this community was being run into the ground and in turmoil where was Blair? In addition, how he (mis)handled the fire department issue speaks volumes with respect to his inexperience and ineptitude.

Sorry for speaking so bluntly but the future of our community cannot once again be put in the hands of those whose only qualifications for the job are simply that one was born here. :-( Those days should be over. There’s too much at stake now.

20. Janet says:

Where or where can little Blair be? I see he be in the Mayors chair that is where he be.

But you forgot the ha he, he he part of your post.

Is Blair a member of the SmokeEaters Club?

Yes, that’s the group that put on TITV and is presently involved in legal action in suing our municipality.

“Where or where can little Blair be?”

He be hiding, so he don’t have to answer and be accountable hoping to sneak into the mayor’s chair. Smoke Eaters Club says it all about why he’s really running…. and hiding.

The report said that TITV was not operating properly.
    They said we should expand on the Rum Runner days, but not TITV. As per RCMP, and CP.
    So, why would that organization be suing the municipality. For what. People like that are the ones that cause problems in a community.

After reading the municipal inspection report, I don’t think anyone associated with the Smoke Eaters Society should be in the Mayor’s chair.

Of course not – goes without saying. Especially when you are suing the place you want a job at. DUH

All I have to say about this waste of time report is, BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. The goverment screws the people all the time, and they see nothing wrong with the screwing we’ve been getting for the last 3 years.

John, you should check and even see if it is legal for him to run if he is involved and suing.

anon 8.35 it dosent matter if they want to fire the fire chief or not all one has to do is get out a calculator to realise we cant afford him. We now have a fire department that costs more than double what the past one did and has half the coverage. Not many places this size can afford the amount of so called professional PAID fire people we now have so if firing the payed people would help our bottom line I am sure most residents would say hell yes that’s a good start.

Well there was an issue with outdated credentials, so might not have enough qualified people.
    Might be easier said than done to just up and fire people though. Pretty calous also. We don’t know all the circumstances.

I guess we can use a more polite sounding word for it but leaving the employment of this municipality is what is needed. The credentials being outdated was part of the plan because they hired a person who was making sure everybody was up to date but he was pushed out the door because of it. And without getting specific most of the old firemen spend a ton of time involved with mine rescue at their jobs so they are most likely better trained but their certification is from a different province.

Blair Painter led the firefighter walkout to protect his buddy MARGETAK.

He put us ALL in jeopardy just to make a point.

Do we think that he SERIOUSLY has the best interests of this town in mind????

Why isn’t ANYBODY holding him ACCOUNTABLE for this???

He sold out our VERY LIVES to protect his drinkin’ buddy. What else will he do to us if he becomes MAYOR??!!

Get on this, John! Smoke out the smoke eater!

I do not believe for a second that Dave or Blair are running for the sake of a vendetta or to be vindictive in any way. I do believe that they both have the community’s best interest at heart. Those types of comments are what give this place a bad name. As for the fire dept issues, it has already been shown that it has saved our municipality money, money that was being foolishly spent before. Stop fearing change. It’s necessary.