Ratepayer Executive: Deception and Treachery

Culture of Deception and Treachery

An anonymous member of the RATpayer Executive finally came forward and admitted they are in fact political and not ‘apolitical’ as their leader has been proclaiming. But deception is not the only thing they are guilty of. No, for they also finally admitted their treachery in subverting the democratic process to ensure the political backing for mayor by their organization would go to one of their leader’s fellow chosen elite.

I like how you were in favour of the Ratepayers until we (my emphasis) decided not to back you for mayor.

Readers here may remember an earlier post of mine in which I first explained how certain members of the Executive (the inner circle) and a certain adviser of theirs (who too, like Fredo in the Godfather, broke my heart) circumvented the democratic process (which in essence demonstrated to me that this group is no better than that which they are fighting and wish to replace) in not allowing a previously voted on and unanimously decided decision of theirs to allow for debate on whether or not this organization would support candidates for mayor and council in the upcoming election. Now, let me be clear here, I never once asked at any Ratepayer General Meeting or at any of the Executive meetings I attended for this organization to back me for mayor (for as everyone knows I did not decide to run until a few days before Nomination Day), only that we discuss doing what the previous Ratepayers did which is to field and officially support a list of our own member candidates for office.

As things turned out, despite their earlier protestations that they were ‘apolitical’, this is exactly what this hypocritical executive did in their last general meeting of this week in introducing their slate of candidates to their members, even giving each and everyone an opportunity to make a presentation to all who were there, including the media. In fact, at the conclusion of Blair Painter’s speech and before I was even given the opportunity to make my own, Bill Kovach as president officially endorsed Blair’s candidacy for mayor on behalf of the Ratepayers Association by stating he had his support.

Now what does this all tell you about this select group within the Ratepayer Executive and their President and chief adviser? It tells me they are no better and maybe even worse than that which they wish to replace. I do not believe deception, treachery, intrigue, secret meetings, the subverting of the democratic process, and elitism are what the good people of this community, nor particularly what the good and honourable general members of the Ratepayers Association themselves, want to see in their next council.

The Bible states it clearly: “By their fruit you will recognize them, that is, by the way they act.”

These are the facts and they are indisputable, and as the saying goes “actions speak louder than words.” These guys actions are screaming at us and we need to heed these warnings. For as someone just commented on my previous post the black hand of the Crowsnest Mafia will again squeeze the life out of this community and us, if we let them get into positions of power to do so.

Beware this class of courtiers, hedonists of power.

p.s. Although the above anonymous comment was not signed the ip address is the same as the one from a Ratepayer Executive member who recently posted another comment on this blog using her real name.

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Ratepayer Executive: Deception and Treachery

If you can’t handle the truth don’t come here. My job is to inform the public while offering an alternative. Your job is obviously to prevent that from happening, while keeping your candidates chances alive.

2. peter rosner says:

John as we both know politics is a rough arena and can create strange bedfellows. I still remember when I attended a meeting during the last councils term where they were organizing a petition to get rid of the previous council. I objected to the process and was then asked to leave. I remember the faces well and was quite surprised who was in attendance. Even that group had conflicting interests as some have aligned themselves with the present council and the changes that have taken place. That was the beginning of the countdown to change and the end for the four horseman. The people who organized that got more than they bargained for and really did this community a disservice. No wonder this latest petition was not taken seriously by Municipal affairs. Now Dean is holding hands of the very people who undermined him last term. Very interesting indeed. With that being said I hold no anger towards anyone who is campaigning here and would still vote for some of them including Dean. Even though he has not been on council for three years we have been well informed about the proceedings through his blog. He is pretty seasoned at this game and cares about this community. Again if we stick to the facts and inform the people so that we are making clear choices that’s great I just don’t go for personal attacks.

I have never seen an election in the whole world where it was not personal. I don’t think the nice guys win all the time. Sometimes it has to become personal if you want to win, usually on the policies and the bedfellows the opposing person has.
    That is politics and it will never change.

John, why do you post Peter’s comments?

“Peter Rosner is a ‘baiter’ replying to your posts always with that little critical taunt.”

I agree with 10:22. Peter is a baiter to you. Don’t fall for him. Be like Dean, don’t post any negative comments. Ha ha.

John,
    You speak of secret meetings and agendas. Of people being puppets and being brainwashed..
    It brings up an important topic~ how many of those with their fingers in the pie are free masons? Because we all know the free masons are satanic, right? What’s with the free masons ray symbol in the hillcrest cemetery ? How deep do these evil roots go? Was hillcrest mine disaster a sacrifice? Planned? Were those miners’ demise planned just as the civilians of town demise is planned now?

If you want to spew what you consider your facts, then put your name to your comment so it lends some validity to what you say, otherwise how do we know you know of that you speak, you have no credibility?

Put my name up after that comment? It’ll be more than my cat that disappears. My unborn baby might be sacrificed if I give my name! Are you nuts? Or just one of them?

Lot’s of questions there, and I believe the answers are buried deep, DEEP, in the past. Maybe, they should stay there?

And that just us where? With the truth still hidden? Maybe you are one of them?

The sanatorium?

Is a perfect example of one who lives in fear in her own community from the black hand, otherwise known as the “lucky spermers”.

You go John, take these bast**** down!

13. peter rosner says:

To ANON 12:44 my point was not to dig up the past but more so to educate the readers about how we got here. We cannot blame the present or past councils for all “OUR” failures. The public has played a hand in this as well. If we are looking at electing only people that have never made a mistake then we are in for a huge disappointment. Better yet vote for the tried and tested as well as people that can shoulder the task ahead. ——- Those who are unaware of their history are destined to repeat it—George Santayana—or you cant get to where you are going until you know where you have been. Thanks for your input though

To Peter, sometimes you make no sense.

Just wondering…

Google provides you with IP addresses?

2:31 PM here,

John?

go to the bottom of John’s homepage or go here…

Wow, John… you sure are bitter :)

It’s not a question of being bitter and believe it or not it isn’t all about what was done to me personally but instead it is about the fact if certain people vying for positions of authority and power can behave in such a despicable and underhanded manner as what I have described in what essentially is suppose to be a democratic grassroots organization what makes people think they will behave any differently when on council? This is what I find both troubling and disturbing.

I’m just informing people of what I have experienced myself so that they too do not fall victim to these wolf’s in sheep’s clothing, who pretend to be one thing when in fact they are something else all together, and that something else in my opinion is a real threat to this community.

Anom 10:22 & 10:31 you do not get it and you misunderstand Peter.

You are looking for someone to make things SIMPLE for you so you can figure out if he is a GOOD GUY or is he a BAD GUY (one of us or one of them). I do not know Peter but he has written and commented enough that I know he is not trying to “bait” he is simply giving you information to stimulant thought and debate. If you stay tooned and pay attention Peter will give his opinion. Many times I agree, sometimes I disagree but I always appreciate Peter being engaged and alert to what is going on and having the courage to share his thoughts with letters and comments.

Peter is trying to get you thinking…let me give you a hint “Who’s in Charge”?????? is it S.C. Srewed Again. The alternative to THINKING is follow those who want to keep it simple for the simple & lazy and will be happy to do the thinking for you.

John, you may have been dissed, I get it. But why? You also mention that you have been had, but there has to be more to it. You want to share in the spoils and if you did, would all then be okay?

I’m not sure who your ratepayer sheep in clothing are, but it seems you have shifted your wrath from the present mayor and certain Councillors to the ratepayers executive. You mention they misrepresent themselves. Everything is dynamic and things and opinions and positions change. It appears that you think that they need your permissin to do this.

You say the ratepayers are chameleons and will do the same on council. Perhaps, we don’t know nor do we know that whatever motivated them to run is any different than your reasons. If you are elected, your track record shows that you will go off the deep end. What’s different between you and your ratepayers “buddies?

So, what can YOU contribute to the cause? Bashing everyone else while not fortifying your position leaves little desire to vote for you. So far I’m open with my vote but the door keeps getting closer with your negativism. All you are doing is making it easier to vote in the present group. If that happens, then “Katie bar the door”.

22. Peter Rosner says:

Thank you Anon 9:55 I couldn’t have said it any better. You are exactly right I don’t want people hopping on the ratepayer freight train that is going to be running through this community on October 21 because they cannot think for themselves. The Ratepayers have some very good representation that are running for council but a council made up of strictly ratepayers and their supporters is not the answer. This is nothing personal for most of the candidates are good people. We need experience and individuals who will not conform to the “Way We Do Things Around Here”.

Why would we be interested in what Peter’s thoughts are. Don’t we have our own brains. Pretty insulting if you ask me.

Anon 11:30 No we obviously cannot think for ourselves Hence all the consultants that were needed to tell our smart Mayor and council, what they should do with us . The only thing I find insulting about all these shams is that the normal people have to put up with all the hypocrits and phonies that think they are so smart. When someone comes along that would make things better for us,that actually has a brain to think with, he is slammed and made out to be a crazy man. You people are a joke.

Interesting comment from Anom: 11:30 “Why would we be interested in what Peter’s thoughts are?” Who has a vested interest in demeaning Peter? My guess is someone who does not like his comments like “We need experience and individuals who will not conform to the “Way We Do Things Around Here”. What an interesting observation. How do we do things around here? Now I wonder who in this community would like Peter to be quite.

Why would anyone be demeaning Peter?
    He is just another citizen, with thoughts just like anyone else – no more important in my eyes.