The best way out is always through

Available Options

Disappointment is in the air. According to my blog here and talking with people around town there is nothing but disappointment with what we have to choose from in the coming election. What with most people not wanting to continue on with the present council we have now, and real worries that the perceived front-runners not on council already are Ratepayer Executive, or their advisers, wanting to take us backward to an earlier time where most people don’t want to go again where its all about being part of the “lucky sperm club” with no room for those of us not born here, the remaining choices or options are far too few.

But at least we are not like the town of Pincher Creek in which voters have no options or choice at all in who will now lead them as everyone running got in by acclamation. We on the other hand do still have options and choices.

One option open to us is to cut the head off of those who want to hijack our municipal council by not electing their leader, whether that be Bruce or Blair. The other is to then put in a combination of old school and new school along with some new faces while avoiding those whose only intention will be to undermine what otherwise could be a functioning and workable council that takes care of business for all residents living here, and not just for their friends and special interest groups within the ‘good ole boys’ network.

There is still hope! And there is still time! Perceived front-runners can still fail and fall, especially now that revelations are coming forward on conflict of interest allegations, questions of moral and ethical integrity, collusion and intrigues that make the present mayor and council look like white-knights.

But residents here have to take matters into their own hands by doing their own home-work and opening their eyes to potential threats while being open to real possibilities, if only we allow ourselves to dream the impossible dream, so to speak. We just have to be cognizant of not allowing ourselves to be taken in again with phony promises and illusions of going back to a better time when the reality is your present choices or options are either one extreme or another, they’ll have you believe, while missing the bus on the “middle-way” option.

As a community and as individual voters we got to take the bull by the horns knowing that the best way out is always through. That means creating our own path and not blindly following those being created for us. I believe, the “middle-way” is the right path for both this community and its people. If you give it some thought I think you will too.

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch onto the affirmative.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The best way out is always through

Good article, you are right on.

From what I have been reading is, that the people paying the bills will not be listened too AGAIN. The present councillors want to carry on what Decoux started, which is totally unacceptable and the Ratepayers, have their own agendas. There are only 3 or 4 new people running for councillors, who would actually serve the people. Blair will be dominated by the ratepayers and heaven help us with 4 more destructive years of Decoux. That leaves us with the only obvious choice of a man who is one of the people not an elite and not with an axe to grind. John Prince is not afraid to ruffle a few feathers if necessary and owes no favours to anyone. He will not be bullied by those wanting to do harm to our community, I hope those without hope will give this serious thought, and put their preconcieved thinking aside, so that we will all survive and prosper in the next 4 years.

I think you should go “door knocking” and get to meet people.

4. peter rosner says:

John I think there are some very good people running in this election but too many nice people. I firmly believe you need a combination of individuals that can be co-operative and have constructive meetings and then you need some grit in there a councillor or two that can push the group and challenge them once in a while. I think we both know who the top three or four councillers will be in this election. Is there any candidates that you would recommend for a middle way platform?

If this community is foolish enough and stupid enough to put Blair Painter and the rest of those RATpayers into our municipal office then we will be returning to the dark ages as what we had before with Irwin. They’re not the future, but a step back into the past.

I am not too sure why Peter would ask you to recommend candidates for a middle way platform.
    It is the voters that decide. You are running for mayor and that is your concentration. Duh

Exactly.

Hi John,
    Dean Ward is an elusive, ‘catch me if you can’ guy that simply won’t give you a straight answer. He prides himself on his number crunching, great that he follows the council meetings but will take any train that gets him back on council.

Peter Rosner is a ‘baiter’ replying to your posts always with that little critical taunt. His post today is a perfect example.

Bill Kovach is a fraud. An old school relic who believes he is above the rules. One cannot be the Treasurer for Community Futures and sit as an elected politician on council. Ditto for the Manager. How interesting that Bill and his group would put forth the petition then blatantly use it as an election platform.

I have said my piece, watch your back. Take care.

Hi John,
    As you know (I saw you there ;-) )at the Ratepayers meeting tonight Marlene Anctil took a shot at local bloggers but failed to mention during her candidates speech that if people elect her they will be getting 2 for 1, as her husband will be part of the package. Oh, no! :-(

Anonymous @ September 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

You hit the nail on the head with respects to Gary and Marlene. He would be in there like a dirty shirt!!! He is opinionated and loud. He might overshadow any good that she might want to do. She just lost my vote. Too bad.

Not all the Ratepayers Executive and supporter’s (that are running for council) are good, not all are bad.

I will do my best run down on them.

Bill: Too many conflicts of interest. He should be stepping down from some of these things, before running. He definitely needs to, if he gets elected!! Seems too old school. Thinks he can take us back to the way it was. Talks a lot about the good old days. He says one thing, but really means another. Seems to speak with a forked tongue. He is a big East CNP vs West CNP supporter. Nowhere near in touch with the common man. He troubles me for reasons (other that what I mentioned) that I cannot put my finger on. He does not have my vote.

Marlene: Nice lady. Smart. Good head on her shoulders. Has financial experience. Too bad she comes with some really loud and opinionated baggage – Gary. Can’t get her without getting him. Nuff said. Sadly she lost my vote tonight.

Ed: Good down-to-earth guy. Hard blue collar worker. Has experience and good old fashioned common sense. Can get a little hot-headed but might be someone you can count on to shoulder your cause. I feel what you see is what you get!! Seems approachable. He seems to be a good candidate. Probably has my vote.

Doreen: Wow!! What can I say. She really only has the best interests of Bellevue and Hillcrest on her mind. Talks a good talk, but can she walk the walk? Would like to see some women on council, not sure if she is one of them.

Sasha: Seems to have a good head on her shoulder’s. What she says quite obviously comes right from her heart. She seems to mean well. Can she effectively represent the people of the CNP, only time will tell. She was not born here & did not grow up here. However, that does not mean much, if her heart is in the right place. She seems to be a good candidate. Could have my vote. Will need to read more of her website information.

Dean Ward: Very good with numbers and facts. A good adviser. As a repeat councilperson, not too sure. He is very involved. Not sure if his involvement with the Ratepayers was just a prelude to a political campaign all along. It sure seems like it. Would he just give us more of the same, that he did before? He, too, scares me. I think he is self-serving. He will not get my vote.

Blair Painter: He appears to understand the common man. However, that being said, he is a “have” as opposed to a “have not”, always has been. Would he really understand the less privileged? Is he all talk? Is he just a pawn in this political game? He seems very quiet spoken. Is he able to speak up for himself? Again time will tell with this candidate. Does he have my vote? Best of three evils?? Not sure yet. Can I vote for no one as mayor?

This is all just my humble opinion.

John for Mayor, it’s absolutely obvious. No ties to no one. The man for the middle.

Anon 10:40 pm Sept 25, you have written off most of the candidates here. Now, can you give the same rundown for the rest of the declared candidates? Seems you have a good grasp and know them and the present Councillors I assume, so let’s have it.

As for your opinions above, if you concluded these from your attendance at the one meeting you mention, then you are some smart smart cookie. I doubt this, so do you have an axe to grind?

On a good note, we are not talking 5 or 6 towns here, but east vs west siders. Down to two! Wow. Progress for sure as we slowly move towards one big happy community where the history and heritage are wiped out as the present government joins the old towns with a logo showing the peaks all “hugging” each other as with the new Brand. How quaint.

What’s with this have and have not BS? And the less privileged. Most of us in the CNP work for a living and have to watch our dollars. You make it sound like anyone with a little money is privileged and hasn’t had any rough sledding. Get over it.

Scary, lots of people with their own agendas, again. Will we ever get away from it and get people who work for the community as a whole. I doubt it.

Just wanted to share something.
    I was out walking this morning, ran into one of my walking friends. Got to talking about the election. I told him I was voting John Prince; He said, me too. I said the only one that doesn’t have affiliations and on top of it has been in business a lot.
    So, remember, never over until the fat lady sings.

17. Marlene Anctil says:

John,

I do read blogs occasionally and don’t, as a rule, reply but I do think this time it is warranted.’

I DID NOT take a shot at bloggers as mentioned above. I did feel that comments on the blog are suggesting that I have been coerced by the ratepayers association into seeking a Council seat. I joined the ratepayers association, as many residents did, hoping to get a voice in our Council. No other agenda.

As for their being “two of us” in this race, not likely. I am my own person. Not intimidated, influenced or coerced by anyone. I make my own decisions to the best of my ability and will continue to do so if elected. Similar to you John.

My husband Garry has his own opinions which, in this democracy, he is allowed to have.

I form my own opinions, as he can attest to and anyone who knows me will agree.

Marlene Anctil

I think Marlene Anctil will make a good councillor. As far as her husband goes, I should hope he stands beside her, as she will need someone to confide in. I think Marlene is a self thinker, but it doesn’t hurt to have someone trustworty, in your corner..I will definately vote for her.

RE: Municipal Inspection Report: I have read half of the report and can’t believe these guys were working completely against the best interests of our Municipality and they have the gall to try to run again to continue the destruction. Unbelievable! This report proves those people don’t give a hoot about the average taxpayer. We the majority (average taxpayer) should turn around and get even with them and vote for John. This is the only way out. Any other way you vote for the Devil or his Brother it is your choice can’t blame anyone you were informed. You want to know more just ask. We will do our best to bring out the facts that you can make a well informed decision on election day. Don’t just believe what you’re told by the snakes. Look what they did to ADAM.

To Marlene Anctil,
    “I joined the ratepayers association, as many residents did, hoping to get a voice in our Council.”

Now tell us how Bill Kovach explained to you that you would have a voice in council through the Ratepayers Association? I am very confused with this statement??

Yes, heaven forbid that Marlene lower herself to defend things on a “blog”. Poor girl.

So far I’m a thinking:

John for Mayor (of course)

Sasha – a female voice with some great life experience.

Doreen – go get ’em girl!

Ed – you got me with the “stab in the front” comment.

Dean – for your blogging and info over time, I’ll give you my vote. Also the fact that you like politics, got to be a bit crazy, but it means you will be there for us, and hopefully listen as well.

Let’s see, two more……

Dave Filipuzzi – he’s been in the ditches, so I’ll give him a shot. I liked the way he spoke up as well.

the last spot…..

nope, no one for this spot yet. Not to say that the other spots are too secure yet. Well, except for John. No doubts there.

1:04 I don’t understand why Marlene Anctil is not responding to your comment? I am very concerned if that was their intention from the start that proves all what John is saying is the truth. Create all this commotion just to make themselves look good. What a bunch of Losers! On the other hand, maybe she was told by her master Bill Kovach to “Shut the f—up”. I am the King of the Pass.