Time to fade away

A famous general once said: “Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.” With this disappointing but expected election loss it is now time for me to fade away as well by shutting down my blog.

As many of my readers know for years I have spoken out (some say, ahead of my time) on the many ills and problems our community faced and still faces only to be rebuffed and reviled at every turn. But now with this loss I sink into the depths and sorrow of despair as what Galileo must have felt during the Inquisition when surrounded by a sea of ignorance.

However, on the bright side, I am no longer shackled by a sense of duty, obligation and responsibility to my community for the people here by casting me adrift have set me free. FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD I’M FREE AT LAST.

But who will free those left behind? What with the critics and complainers now in charge of the hen house and my being banished to Siberia, who is left to save the Pass from itself? Maybe it no longer needs saving as the saviours are now in charge? Time will tell. But somehow I feel it is but the calm before the storm. Batten down the hatches boys, for I fear we are in for a rough ride. Maybe not this year but certainly the year after, and the year after that, because you can only go backwards for so long before you hit a brick wall. Then what do you do when you have to move forwards? “How hard it is, sometimes, to trust the evidence of one’s senses! How reluctantly the mind consents to reality.” That will be the real test for this council…. and for this community. Moving forward when stuck in the past.

Whether what transpired last night was the best thing that could have happened as what the the majority obviously believe and hope is the case, or the worse, it is obvious at this time what it doesn’t need or want is another hero.

With that I bid everyone adios. Its been a blast that could not last and as with Thunder in the Valley, I am now no more.

Tina Turner – We Don’t Need Another Hero

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

This entry was posted in Blog Culture, CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Time to fade away

Good riddance John. Hope your crow tasted good this morning.

Learn from this. Be the good loser and find something nice to say about your peers. Be optimistic about the future.
    Reflect on your campaign and think about the people around you and how you got where you are this morning.
    None of it is a surprise. Lick your wounds and stand up and find something good and constructive to say and do.

I will miss getting the “real” news on your blog. Might you reconsider?

Nobody likes a poor loser John.

Ah John, just give 9:22 and 9:25 the finger, and sit back and watch the show! You gave it your all, I appreciate that, and so do 149 other intelligent people!

Hey, I figure you got about 150 more votes than I thought you would! You certainly got more than you deserved. Bottom line, you were humiliated at the polls because of your nastiness, so learn from it.

I guess the majority of us don’t want to take the bitter pill when we have a kinder, gentler and more effective medicine.
    S

Time passes, but the words which you say will remain.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

“The purpose of life is not to do as the majority does, but to live according to the inner law which you understand in yourself. Do not act against your conscience or against truth. Live like this, and you will fulfill the task of your life.”

Obviously this is what you do John in fulfilling the task of your life. Thank you for doing what you did.

10:32 here.
    Meant as a compliment and a statement of fact. Thanks John!

12. Doomsayer says:

John, I know you fully expected when you started your “Don Quixote” quest & most of us realized it over time that the windmill known as the Crowsnest Pass is just too entrenched in its old ways. You however gave us a forum to express our views & vent some of our frustrations, something desperately needed in this “closed” community.

Did you approach it in the wrong way? Possibly, but then it wouldn’t have been the real you. Will you always have the “naysayers” & the “I told you so’ers”? Absolutely, this is the Pass & as it has been said before, it is a community of too many petty back-biting argumentative people. Was your campaign a bad idea? Absolutely, definitely NOT!! Someone needed to take a stand & you had the courage to do so.

I personally want to thank you for taking that stand & giving us a place to express our views. It has been a privilege to be able to post on an unrestricted, however well moderated blog so that the readers could have their say.

A thought, one that I hope my fellow commenter’s will endorse is that you maintain this blog as a forum. Give people a place to express their views, invite people to do a “guest” post so other readers can comment & simply moderate from the sidelines. Keep giving us the one lone outlet to “freedom of speech”. What do you think, fellow commenter’s?

I will leave you now with a prediction I made almost exactly a year ago.
    “I have gazed into my crystal ball (Okay, beer glass) & make the following predictions. This fuss about the firemen will, like all other issues in the past (Thunder in the Valley, River Run, Bridgegate, Crowsnest Centre, etc, etc, etc) will fade with nothing accomplished. The mayor, council & administration will continue to “modernize for the future”, spending money we don’t have, putting the community deeper in debt,(can we say “bankruptcy”?). This debt will be pushed onto the shoulders of residents & businesses, causing even more to leave.
    I foresee that within 15 – 17 years, the Pass will be a ghostly image as people drive through saying “you know, there used to be community here, wonder what happened?”.

Maybe, just maybe, if we put the past with all of it’s feuds, bickering & assorted garbage behind us, we could actually make something of this place.

Why do I write this as the “Doomsayer”? Because I & many others, whether they will admit it publically or nor, can see the hand writing on the wall, foreseeing the doom & end of another community. R.I.P”
    October 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

John, whatever you do in the future, you & Diane take care, enjoy your lives & THANK YOU!

Doomsayer
    (also fading again into the shadows)

“There are no good-byes, where ever you’ll be, you’ll be in my heart.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

So, everyone can not be happy today about the election results. But everybody should give the new council a chance. But even more importantly, be proud of where you live. The CNP is a great place to live. Everybody should try to do their part to make it even greater. Whether it is doing a little volunteering, or helping out your neighbor or bragging to those who do not live here how great we are (or whatever). Maybe we should all take a break from complaining and focus on the positives. I could make a list of things that we have that other communities would love to have. I really hope that the people of the CNP including all people who ran for council can work together to make us a better place. I hope our new council will work with some of the ideas and actions from the previous council. I hope all of the bickering and infighting will at least slow down a little. I hope we can find a common cause and show the world how the CNP can come together and become even greater.

I’m thinking that the people who did the most bickering and complaining, and who made our community look backward and ungovernable, are the very ones who will now be attempting to run it.

15. jackmorin007 says:

Well, The people of the C N P spoke. But at least you can take solace in the fact that you still have 152 friends ! ! ! !

16. jackmorin007 says:

WELL, The people of the C.N.P. Spoke ! ! ! ! At least you can take solace in the fact that in a community of that size, You still have 152 friends ! ! ! !

11:27 Your story sounds very good but you are just encouraging the corruption really. Coming back to Bill and Shar a Community as a whole can’t give up on the fact that wrong is wrong. What they did running for Council to cut out some good volunteers. They should have resigned from Community Futures. I can not accept that kind of stupidity. We as a Community, we have the right to know what is happening with the money that is meant to help our Community, Election or NOT. Open the books if you want people to trust you. It’s that SIMPLE. An election don’t give you the POWER to hide everything. Watch out! There are now no WATCH DOGS?????? Never, Never, Never give up!!!

John, my suggestion is how much cash would be fair to keep this blog going for the good of our community? Give us an idea, any idea to get the ball rolling. A club, non profit society, anything 10 20 30 Dollars a month to have a place to be the watch dog of our community. What do you say? You know damn well we have to do something. If we find enough people willing to participate it may be possible. Doing nothing is no solution to our PROBLEM.

Excellent thinking
    A DISASTER in the making buckle-up

1:10 This is what I was thinking just like real news avenue, not sugar coated crap but the real McCoy. You know how to do it. This would wipe the smile off their filthy faces.

JOhn; AS I said before Trust is EARNED not badgererd. If the people had faith in you the results would be different.

To all those who just hurl ill comments.
    The Community Futures has invested time and Money in the Pass. Easy to sit in a coffee shop and badmouth but tougher to invest your money and time to make the community a better place.

THOUGHT:

IT IS NOT WHAT YOUR COMMUNITY HAS DONE FOR YOU BUT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE BETTERMENT OF IT>???

John I admire you for trying but you get more believers support with fair treatment that you do with vile shots.

Any one can complain but it takes a good man to bring forth sensible solutions.

Some of your advisors forgot this.

It is time to rebuild not try to be doomsday wishers.

REmember politicians are less trusted than used car salesman.

Trust is EARNED not Demanded.

To all the criticisers and supposed wise men here who’ve never stood tall, please feel free to step into John’s shoes.

1:05 You do not know what you are talking about. Their books are “open”. Their financials are published on their website (if you would take the time to actually look) and they are audited each and every year by an independent accounting firm from Lethbridge or Calgary. When you go get a loan from your bank, does your bank tell the world that they are lending to you and make public your financial dealings. Of course NOT. They have confidentiality guidelines to follow just like Community Future has. If you were a small businessperson seeking their advise on doing up a business plan would you want them to make public your business idea. Of course NOT. When they spend public money, they are accountable to the source of the funds. They have to submit original receipts to account for every penny they spend. Just because they can’t tell you does not make them secretive or dishonest!!!!

The two new Councillors who serve on Community Futures now have an obligation to be more open and transparent concerning the CF activities. We will see if it is done.

2:09 Community Futures has invested time and money in the Pass”. Why are you saying this? The argument is about how they pick the members? Why so much secrecy? Why state that the Board Members of a society are Board of Directors of Community Futures of Crowsnest PASS? They’ve invested $90 G a year into the community while employing four employees at $250 G a year, can you explain this? Does this even make sense? I think not! You talk about Trust you better use another word than Trust. Now I know why you vote with them, it’s because you don’t have the foggiest idea about what is going on with that outfit and they like it that way because now you’ll be completely in the dark when they start doing more of the same on council. Maybe educate yourself and do some research before you start mouthing off next time.

One would think that Bill Kovach should resign from the Board of Community Futures, considering that he is now on Council.

3:25 Instead of repeating false claims about CF ($90 g invested per year is not correct), why don’t you give them a call and get your information directly. I did. Last year, between lending, grants, etc. CF invest over $1 million in the community. Although they are the smallest CF office in Alberta, they are one of the busiest per capita. They meet the activity targets set by Western Economic Development. In other words, they are doing what they are suppose to do.

“Also found the fact they did not talk about even one success story they have had over the years, a little mystifying? They must have one, right? Btw – the $1.6 million they have loaned out since 1986, works out to approx. $90,000 per year. Not much, considering I hear they have $2.6 million laying around in the bank. At the current rate of investment they are making by way of loans to the people in our community, nobody, including our community, is going to be getting rich any time soon. That’s for sure! But hey, it’s all about PR, right? Does it matter that they are not really fulfilling their mandate, as the staff probably makes more than what they actually loan out every year. Does it? Sounds like a make work project to me, except the only job creation being made is for the ones working for these Economic, Community Futures type organizations.”

Community Futures

Maybe do a little research beyond just last year.

I wonder, did any of the people who voted in the “Ratepayer Party”, hear one of those candidates tell them what they were actually going to do to improve this Community? I think that what they mostly heard was everything they were NOT going to do. This outcome simply got them their way, but what are they going to do in the way of progress? It’s going to be a long four years.

4:24 You go a little further you find they put the money in Trust to collect two per cent a year for the next 20 years. Money is tied up to protect and perpetuate their jobs. That money is suppose to be for the members of our community as a whole. Who asked them to put it in trust without the community’s consent? That’s what we see as secrecy? We have to guess everything. The correct name is: Community Futures Development Corporation. If our Futures depend on this it looks pretty bleak, very bleak with those politicians in charge. You refuse to vote for us, get lost. We only help our friends. That money is mandated to create jobs besides their own.

Is this not what happened here with you John?

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.”

5:24 I was thinking the very same thing

6:15,

You think a way too deep. Relax and let’s see what develops here.

When are the lights getting shut off here?

Delusions of grandeur. Martin Luther King you are not.

It’s time for all of us to give the new gang a chance to perform. We all should pitch in and push the car out of the ditch. The voters have spoken. It looks like that Silent Mahority was really there, but not like the ex-mayor thought. He and his boys must still be shaking their heads, and still think that we people,”hist don’t get it”.

While John”s message was clear, it was overridden by the personal feelings that many voters had of him, some justified others not. At least “Mountain Freedom” will live on.

It seems that there is a desire to return to the Pre Bruce – Post Irwin days, that brief moment when expectations were high. The Ratepayers have prevailed right or wrong, and have the clear support of those that voted. For those that did not vote, you blew it. Four years is a long time but we will see within a short period of time how it goes. John, you fought the Battle you way, for that you deserve credit. Now it’s time to give the new gang a chance.

Hi John, just read the news feed on Facebook I am so sorry you never got in as mayor. I read your blog and honestly I think you and Diane should sell your house and move away from the Pass. It is a dying place and people are so mean and nasty down there why I left.. why don’t you guys move up this way and get into politics up here and start a new blog for Red Deer or where ever you go.. let the Pass kill itself it will be a ghost town soon enough and its their own stupidity.. they never learn or don’t want to change so its their own fault.. Don’t stay there till your house is worth nothing then you are stuck there.. take this as a blessing perhaps TIME TO MOVE ON to better things… please think about it hugs and sorry again.

Christina

5:57 The new GANG don’t deserve a chance. But you used the correct word GANG. Can you tell us the name Please??? Trying to run a Community like a Commune is not acceptable. Those followers don’t make you a good person. What is the reason they are following? Decide if you are honest and inform them, like John did. I really believe that half of the followers were completely blind and the rest were following the money.

Christina encouraging John to move doesn’t solve our problems. This crap happen everywhere, you can’t run away from it, it will follow you. It’s in John’s heart to fight corruption while sticking up for the little guy. If he run’s away the snakes get bigger and more problems for the rest of us. I can’t move, no money, to old… It looks like John has been trained to deal with SNAKES. John, I hope you decide with your heart and conscience.

Well Mayor Brice Decoux’s statement that he would be a one term mayor came true. After reviewing the Monthly Municipal newsletters, the October issue is informative. It is a CYA presentation by an administrator who knows he’s in trouble. Since he and the mayor were partners in running the municipality, they have to bear the responsibility jointly.

The previous newsletters were pure political diatribe especially by Decoix. He suffered the fate of a person that becomes a legend in his own mind. Now he can return to screwing up our education system as he did during his career there.

The high hopes that I had for the ex mayor were dashed as soon as he can under the influence of consultant Robin. Let that be a lesson to the newly elected people. Please use the local talent that is out there, and remember to use those with knowledge and principal even though you may be inclined not to.

I make specific reference to John Prince who has a lot to offer the municipality. I am not a fan lf john butmam a pragmitist. Before you pooh pooh this suggestion, consider that we are in a world of hurt and need all the help we can get. If it costs is something, consider the many dollar that we squandered over the last three years using consultants who had little knowledge of the Crowsnest Pass and were there to feather their pockets.

I think a lot of problems come from all the for lack of better words, interbreeding.
    Everyone is related in some way.
    Some of the people even look weird.
    I noticed the same thing on the Amish shows. They look weird and do not think properly.

It appears to me that “silence and solidarity” is alive and well on “Crowsnest Pass Home.” (Or maybe Dean is just a little pooped from picking up all those signs? I hope so!)

Your comment doesn’t say a lot about your breeding. Maybe you should watch a little less TV, and expand your mind a bit.

People, talk about ‘breeding’. Check out 9:22’s reply to the local ‘retards’ of the Pass.

Election Day 2013 – Municipality of Crowsnest Pass

They sure are reflective of the Pass, aren’t they? Real class acts. Way to go 9:22!!!

Mark my words, its the beginning of the end for ‘Crowsnest Pass Home’. “Silence and solidarity”, as what we experienced with the previous councillors who had blogs.

Anon 8:52pm. In the Crowsnest Pass government, we have bylaws and inlaws. Hope that will change. Lot of those funny looking people as you call them came from the outside. Are you one of them? A lot of people in a lot of places are not thinking properly, because they watch too many reality shows. I’m sure that we can drum up support for a Crowsnest reality show. Do you have a suggestion or two?

Anon 10:04 am Nah, Dean just like John has it in his blood. Dean is just suffering from shock in that he placed so low in the vote count after expending so much effort, and is likely glad he tagged onto the ratepayers bunch. But I think his experience will be valuable when it comes to either battling or hopefully joining the Fabulous Five.

What fabulous five? After having accomplished what they set out to do, they are all probably looking at each other, and asking themselves “what do we do now?”. Of course the answer will be, “heck no, I don’t know, so lets just bumble along, and perhaps undo some stuff that we don’t like.”

Exactly! I think you hit the nail right on the head. Except I’m sure the Community Futures Board are working overtime planning ways to fleece the flock here in the Pass using their point persons Bill and Shar. What a disaster awaits us, all because of shepple here who are dumb like bricks.

Well, all the talking in the world is not going to change anything now. No use complaining in my mind, as a majority voted them in. It is always a chance no matter who you put in, so let’s just hope for the best now.

Of course, you are right. Unfortunately the damage has been done, and I think that over time, (likely sooner than they think), certain voters in the Pass will come to regret their decision. Also, the new Council will find out that things aren’t as simple as they may have appeared to be, if they even thought about it very much. Not to mention the fact that there will be people scrutinizing every move they make.

Anon11:36 and 11:55 AM . Four years is a long time but we will find out the direction soon. If you think that the primary or even any objective by Biil K and Shar L was to ramp up activity at CF you’re wrong. They will be under great scrutiny and I expect transparency to be a key to their platform.

I suspect that the probable election of the new mayor prompted him and whoever advises him to prepare a White Paper to outline the program. Let’s see what comes out of the gate, then start the persecutions. Fair is fair, prejudging only continues the festering.

With Doomsayer gone we will have to wait and see if we become but a bump in the road or a mountain to behold. Go Mountain Freedom. Those signs aren’t holding up too well in these winds, even if you could read them.

There are jokes starting out:

“Old politicians never die, they just …”

but they are about ruling political party hacks.

JP just gets to fade away.

:>)

“Bump in the road, or a mountain to behold”……I really like that!

John sad to see you didn’t get more support. Did you hear how Gary did up in grand cache?

No Gary did not get elected. Just looked it up. He didn’t do too well.

Gary Taje lost the battle ….. Badly!

Looks Like The Voters In Grande Cache are smarter than we have here

I was going to blog the residents of Grande Cache the other day and warn them about Mr Taje and the scam he was involved in. My family was hurt very badly in that scam. Retirement and education funds lost to a promised guaranteed investment, perpetrated by evil souls. Maybe I’ll blog them anyways…hey??

Just laughing about all the groups we supposedly have now. We are probably unique for sure.
    1. Old school
    2. New school
    3. Weekender
    4. Newcomer
    5. Loan sharks
    6. Weird-looking-from-
    interbreeding.
    Ha ha he he too funny.

“There will be people scrutinizing every move they make” Can you explain who those people will be?? I don’t see any one in this Community with any Authority to question them now. They have closed all doors by putting themselves in charge at all stages.

1. The people in charge of the affairs of our Community is the Council. Bill and Shar now sit there?

2. The people in charge of our Community Futures is the Board of Directors. Bill sits there?

3. The people that manage C F is Shar. Good place to be able to play with the paper work.

4. Shar is also Bill’s boss when she sits at Council table.

I really believe if you think this is the way to go you should change your Medication.

Now what needs to happen is half a dozen of us send a well explained letter to Western Economic Diversification along with a copy to Industry Canada. Explaining that the manager and a member of the Board of Directors got elected
    to the Municipal Council. How fair is it for the rest of us who did not vote for them? Is this NOT supposed to be a NON Political organisation?

You do exactly what they did with that petition. We learn from the snakes.

Anon 5:37 pm. No offense but when one promises to pay 16% or whatever it was, well above the prevailing rate, and if a person invests without due diligence and knowledge of the investment ( re location), then it is buyer beware. It’s easy to be sucked into it, as I have been elsewhere, and when it sounds too good to be true, it is.

May those bloodsuckers rot in hell, and hope what goes around comes around for them.

Yup, that is funny, I fit into a couple of those categories, so I’m sure they encompass just about everyone here. Oh, just thought of a couple more. The snakes, and the nut-bars! Then there is the arrogant dreamers, and let’s not forget the “silent majority!” I would have to say I am an “eccentric nut-bar.” Well, I’m never bored, so, I’ll take it!

John, you can see that we still definitely need to vent. You must, repeat, must, keep your blog. It is awesome and full of information always.
    You are also probably addicted to it by now; and most times it is probably fun in a way.

You mean you want John to come back so that….

“I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

John, I am wondering, will there still be Ratepayer Meetings? If so, what will they discuss? I’m thinking that the Ratepayers Assoc. is now defunct.. it has done it’s nasty business, and has unleashed four years of being led by people who have shown nothing but negativity and disrespect.

Yeah, something like that. His punishments never hurt me. They just kind of inform me, warn me, make me think about more than just, “what will I have for supper,” or “wonder who is going to get bumped on American Idol,” or, “gee, I need to clean the toilet bowl.” I now know what the recession is all about, how it came about, and how so many smart, successful people got sucked in and lost everything. I now know about where my cheap clothes come from, and the suffering and hardship that people in countries other than my own, go through, so that I can get them so cheap. I now know why there are so little manufacturing jobs in this country, and why we have to rape our earth for the resources in order to make a living. All these things I have been inspired to learn, just from reading John’s blog.

Yeah…….it’s a good thing, and I’m going to miss it. Don’t think he should keep it up, unless he can make money from it though. That would (should?)keep the miserable inconsiderate whiners with their worthless complaining comments out of here.

John; We, the people still need your blog!
    Look at all the comments still coming in. It does give everyone a place to vent, if you notice, Dean’s blog is back to it’s usual silence. He must still be pooped from doing his victory dance.

Mind you, if we’re throwing rocks at Gary Taje’s involvement with Bridgegate, what about Dean’s status as prime member of the Four Horsemen?

It makes me sad to see the last part of your comment. The first part was quite inspirational, and I admire you for it. Actually, I would like to contribute to keeping your blog going, and I hope others do too. Anything that I have posted here has been, in my mind, not whining, but feeling that I have the opportunity to speak my mind freely. There is nowhere else that I can do that. 7:46 and others were not being particularly pleasant, but are really easy to rise above. Please keep up your great contribution to this community, we need it.

John, there are good people here that totally appreciate you and what you are doing with this blog. I wholly support you, and would happily contribute to keeping this blog alive. I am sure that there are others that would do so also.

5:47,

I think that is most likely your short list. I can think of many more inclusions.

Name calling is the lowest and with the ensuant labelling form of politics.

It is now time to rebrand. How about ‘Mountain Diversity’? (Of course I am just kidding.)

Diversity is what makes up the true fabric of any community, be it urban or suburban.

Time to fade away John. Let the community heal.

No time to fade Away now? just Google Community Futures Crowsnest Pass and relax The sheep will learn.

Can anyone explain this?

Incorporation Canada is telling us there is no record of any Community Futures Development Corporation in Alberta. You go to Western Economic Development they state there is 90 of them in the 4 Western Provinces. Specifically 27 in Alberta. But we can’t find where the Incorporation happened. To have a legal Board of Directors an Incorporation MUST have to be Registered and follow certain rules.

Why is this so confusing when all this money is mandated to Serve the Community as a whole?

You Google Community Futures Development Corporation of Crowsnest Pass. You get Crowsnest PASS Community Futures? Why
    is this so twisted????

Why are they so proud to be a Member of Western Canada Business Service Network, what is that???

When we have so many questions and no answers and a Majority of snakes in Power it becomes very difficult
    to understand…. but we are persistent. Together we will, we will??????

Just wondering, what did the four horsemen mean?

Open John’s blog, scroll to the bottom, in the box for “Search this blog,” type “Four Horsemen.”

Lot’s of reading, but that should fill you in!

9:05 :

Google for:
    site:qp.alberta.ca “Community Futures Network of Alberta”
    and for:
    “community futures network of alberta” financial statements

See also:

Yes, I knew the part about the 4 horsemen. So, basically 4 councillors met before meetings and decided how to vote. I don’t think that is probably uncommon. Not right though. It will probably be the six horsemen now.

what you are still on line??I thought you would have faded off into the sunset by now. Perhaps we should find the confiscated fireworks and give you one helluvva sendoff. One that would never encourage you to return. Your negative and self serving attitude will not be missed. With all of the above comments where the hell were they all on voting DAY??? Adios, hasta la vista John.

Like someone said before, nasty and mean people in the Pass.

You must be one of those “lucky spermer retards” SICKO!

If I was the one running this blog, you would most certainly be banned from it, and I would never lower myself to reply to you. You are an angry person to say the least.

Ha! I don’t think 11:47 gets you John! He/She is definitely on a different page, or,…..maybe threatened by you. Must be threatened, otherwise he/she would say these things to your face, and not hide out under anonymous on YOUR blog.

So, 11:47, care to enlighten me? What’s your beef with John? I kinda like him, maybe that is because I’m not threatened by him?

Excellent comment I wish my mind was as sharp as your.

Thanks 1:14, but it comes and goes in inspirational moments. I really have no control over it!!! (John, is my inspiration.)(Hmm….we really can’t control him either, can we?! Just gotta love him!)

Just checked, tomorrow still hasn’t come. Isn’t there a saying?

Time to lighten up. Wait for the muni office sick and stress leave to start, the new Councillors to take their seats , the old ones to say adios, and John to have a well deserved rest. He can and will decide, but the message from the voters was clear. The blog world is a small one here, or the results would have been different. Fooled me.

There has to be another way to expose the wrongdoings and issues at hand, not counting the local press of course. Not sure what that is though. Suggestions?

10:38 Thank you for that part. Please continue to help. Where is the Incorporation of the Community Futures of Crowsnest Pass? Or where is the Incorporation papers For Crowsnest Pass Community Futures
    Development Corporation? We have to have one of those two to be able to believe this org. is up to snuff.

A Board of Directors attached to those names with no Incorporation it would be impossible to find out if they’re doing what they are mandated to do. Trust ME it is not good enough we need to see, touch, and read. We just don’t trust the Snakes??

10:38 Also, can you please make those links to the web live. Thanks.

I had to think about the outcome of this election. Thank goodness none of the previous riff raff got in again. That shows a bit of intelligense. But apon analizing the results I have come up with this conclusion. There are only 152 intelligent and knowledgable people living in the Pass. Then there are 467 totally brain dead, who in reality should have someone leading them around by the hand. The other 2065 are functioning lemmings. The group that did not vote are the goverment dependant peopple who don’t care who gets in, as they will get their goverment cheques delivered to them , no matter who gets in. This is my opinion on this election.

Yup, that’s pretty much the way I see it also. Will continue to live here, volunteer, and enjoy, but will not put myself in any position to be shat upon by the lemmings.

2065 lemmings? Me thinks it is you who are out of touch and bucking the wind. So, where do you fit in Anon 1:27 and 2:32 PM?. You assume those that didn’t vote are deadness. What a way to look at life. You are warped.

What is the difference between a lemming and a functioning lemming. We are entering into a new categorization of the voters. Here we go again…….

7:19 :
    Google for:
    site:qp.alberta.ca “Community Futures Crowsnest Pass”

That is when they changed the name, the original registration is earlier.

They seem to be one of these:

I think they should be more transparent about what kind of organization they are, how the directors are appointed, and where the money comes from.

site:qp.alberta.ca “Community Futures Network of Alberta”

Google makes it difficult to get links to pdf files like the financial statements.

I will explain it to you. 1:27 stated four categories:

152 intelligent and knowledgeable people

…….on second thought…..never mind. It’s not worth my time. Enjoy the next four years! (or 18 mos, or so, whatever it takes before you understand what we are talking about.)

Just thinking about that song from the Wizard of Oz.

“Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, your only a daaaaayyy aaaaawaaaaay.”

151 followers and you are the only ones that know what they are talking about? 152 out of 2700 voters is not many ( less than 6%) and won’t make an impact on what may happen here. You couldn’t mount s ratepayer like opposition because you have no message or gripe.

To say the others are lemmings because they don’t think your way, is why you lost. Your message was not received because it was riddled with personal attacks, and people do not like being called names.

Best stick to the CF matter and keep the two Councillors out of it. If there is a problem state it, and the two Councillors will be caught in the web. To attack the Councillors now won’t hold water and we will never know what makes CF tick or operate in obscurity.

This too is not worth my time. You will do what you do because it is you. We will see in a while if “you know want you are talking about”.

This song just popped into my head. Not sure why, not sure what it means. Looked up the lyrics, thought they were interesting enough to share.

Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Into this house we’re born
    Into this world we’re thrown
    Like a dog without a bone
    An actor out alone
    Riders on the storm

There’s a killer on the road
    His brain is squirmin’ like a toad
    Take a long holiday
    Let your children play
    If ya give this man a ride
    Sweet memory will die
    Killer on the road, yeah

Girl ya gotta love your man
    Girl ya gotta love your man
    Take him by the hand
    Make him understand
    The world on you depends
    Our life will never end
    Gotta love your man, yeah

Yeah!

Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Into this house we’re born
    Into this world we’re thrown
    Like a dog without a bone
    An actor out alone
    Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm

Agreed

Where is dean Ward? Huddling already? lol.

Please don’t fade away, John. Even though you aren’t mayor we need you to speak truth to power. Don’t like the dinosaurs who inherited these spots on council get away with anything. Keep up the good work.

9:13,

“Just thinking about that song from the Wizard of Oz.

“Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, your only a daaaaayyy aaaaawaaaaay.”

Me thinks that would be from Little Orphan Anny. Just for a laugh, it is also the Toronto Blue Jay’s theme song actually played ,in house, after they lose. It tends to be played a lot.

But a good point.

It IS from Little Orphan Annie! Guess my brain wasn’t very awake this morning! Thanks!

Was just checking Dean’s blog, when it came to me. Hopefully, it’s not going to be OUR theme song!

It’s over,
    It’s over
    Move over Red rover

The die is cast
    You are from the past
    The Ratepayers are the players
    You are now not the soothsayers

You’ve had your chance
    Enough of the rants
    We are in the drivers seat
    The same mistakes we won’t repeat

So it’s time for a break
    We know what’s at stake
    It won’t be long
    Until we prove you wrong.

So forget tomorrow
    All it will bring you is sorrow
    It may be but a day away
    But it is NOT YOUR PLAY

Nice one! I’m getting a rap beat from that.

“Sounds more like you are crying in your beer, more than worrying about what will be.”

Who are you directing that post to?

Let us all relax and let’s see…

Fib. # 1 from Dean Ward. ” I will write more tomorrow “, posted Oct. 22 congrats to all that voted for him