VIDEO: Abuse of Power

Abuse of Power

Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to VIDEO: Abuse of Power

This is the video I’ve been waiting for. As Canadians, we’re famous for being “nice”, the world over. That said, ‘Harper’s Government” hasn’t been playing nice for years now and I’m happy that the Liberal party has finally responded in kind. If you don’t like “Harper’s Government” now, just imagine what could happen if they win a majority in the next election. It’s time to wake up, Canada. Our country is supposed to be a democracy – not a dictatorship.
    MegaCanadian

MOST CRIMINAL PM, MOST CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT IN CANADIAN HISTORY. PERIOD!

LOL, The liberal track record is so much worse all I can do is laugh.I wish we had a new party to vote for.I am tired of the consevatives and the libs and you can forget the ndp.
    Trudeau and Cretian would be right up there to 11:29 post.

4. Chloe says:

And the options to the Harper train wreck are? Please tell me how the last liberal government was any more moral or upstanding. The current leader is incapable of uttering a complete thought that makes any sense. I’d be surprised if he could find the capital cities on a map. Or gee we could vote in the NDP and once a week simply send in our paycheques to the black hole mindset of ‘a house, car, chicken in every pot, subsidized daycare’ for all Canadians at the same time as taxing the living hell out of business and the middle class. Canadians desreve what they are getting from all levels of government. We DO NOT VOTE, we do not call out our elected representatives on any issues until the train wreck is at our door. Enjoy, it has arrived. Take care.

Aside from much needed fundamental changes in how we govern oursleves, and too much power in the pm office, and proportional representation being desperately needed, and an awareness of how we are being screwed by the U.S. and multi-national corporations, and put in harms way by our bootlicking government which kowtows to the Zionists, the only ‘hope’ and real option is for a coalition government… minus the Harper Cons.

This is what I said and hoped for when we had prorogation. At this time, it is a win win situation for all parties, and of course a win win for all Canadians… minus the ‘fatcats’. Think about it?

As an aside, Anon @2:53, I want you to know Trudeau is my god. You are treading on sacred ground here where we do not tolerate speaking ill of the dead to one of Canada’s great pm. I challenge you to tell me one thing he did that was proved to be dishonest? I do not beieve he had a dishonest bone in his body. He was a bigger and world player who unlike many of today’s leaders are in it for the money.

Chloe,
    Many do not vote because as in my case their vote doesn’t count because our riding is overwelmingly conservative. How some ridings are layed out leads to this situation, which once again convinces me that proportional representation is the way to go, both provincially and federally. It will lead to a fairer and more democratic system than what we have had for far too long. Most of our rules are were made for a different time and era. We need to bring things up to speed so that we can put a stop to being screwed.

I agree with this comment…
    “LOL, The liberal track record is so much worse all I can do is laugh.”

Power corrupts. Enough said! ;)

N E P

9. Chloe says:

National Energy Program put my husband out of work. A money grab from Ottawa against the oil revenues from Alberta helped to further the divide between the west and Ottawa. ‘Let them freeze in the dark’ comes to mind. The west survived by going lean and mean. The anger has never left the west.
    Trudeau was a true Canadian, a statesman of the highest order and a gentleman to boot. His politics stank ;) My Mom had the honour of sitting next to him at a dinner in Edmonton. True to form in her evening gown and mink stole told him what she thought of the ‘French’. “Nuff said, she wasn’t invited to his annual Christmas soiree ;) Take care.

So the west got even by sending Harper to Ottawa where now for the past five years ‘all’ Canadians (not just Alberta) are getting screwed?

Not to make light of your family’s situation but sometimes leaders (real leaders) have to make decisions on what they believe is best in the national interest, not just locally or regionally, such as what the Harper Cons are doing. I’ll take the likes of Trudeau any day over the likes of Harper who is diametrically opposite of what Trudeau stood for i.e. a Just Society vs. a Mean one. Trudeau was a real Canadian and will go down in the history books as such. Whereas Harper will be on the short list of the most traitorous, incompetent and disastrous pm this country has ever had.

Chloe, aside from the fact that your last two comments are ones that come across as one looking for a fight (what has brought this on, I do not know?), I find it surprizing for a smart woman such as yourself to equate your mother’s comment about the “French” with the NEP? What do they have in common? What are you insinuating here? Some how I do not get it, or maybe I just don’t want to get it. Otherwise I might have to think you are not so smart after all, but instead are a small… No, I don’t want to say it. Because, although I and my wife (who is half French), who does not have an evening gown or mink to her name, believe we have too much class for that. Enough said.

John, you challanged me to come up with some Trudeau dishonesty.So I gave you NEP.The argument should end there.I am not comparing PET to Harper.If you wish I can give you a long list of things that would make your PET look pretty bad.Be a little open minded, please.

I’m a Liberal and therefore by definition I am open-minded. But when one’s god is attacked and one of this country’s founding people is as well, then the gloves have to come off. For if I am anything, it is that I am a true patriot.

Even when my country’s ‘conservative’ municipal, provincial and federal governments have reduced me to rags and a live of destitution and second class status, I know I am and my country is bigger than the traitorous quislings who sell our people out each and every day that they are in power.

No wonder why you think you never lose an argument.You challenged, I responded.Game, set ,match.

14. Chloe says:

John you took great offense where there was absolutely none intended towards you or your wife. I am out of my element here and will leave you in peace.
    I will keep abreast of happenenings in the CNP about the investors in Bridgecreek. I do not trust the new council and suspect the snakes are still afoot ready to claim the River Run lands for whatever potential monetary gain can be made in future to repay the initial establishment investors. I sincerely hope that you are back to work once the mine is again operating. Take care.

Chloe, please don’t go. We need you here to see this through..You and John are a team. I would like to celebrate with you all when the bad guys are indicted. The present council cannot, and will not sweep the carpet from under the investors feet who have lost so much already.
    Believe me, it will not happen . I will take it as far as I have to without limit. The investors have 1st mortgage. The land will stay in its present state forever if it has to and if the big wigs think they are going to benefit from others misfortunes. Please stick around.

Chloe,
    Once again, the written word can convey great offense where as you say none was intended. And therefore, I find myself like Anon@7:52 saying…

Baby please don’t go go go go
    Baby please don’t go go go go
    Baby please don’t go go go go
    Baby please don’t
    Baby please don’t

For many here you are the conscience and bastion of hope. It would be a shame to lose you due to a simple misunderstanding.

Besides, as my downward economic/social spiral continues there really is no need for you to go. In time, the way things are going, I, myself, will be leaving soon enough. With your departure, maybe even sooner. So I too ask that you do not hurry that process along by leaving when you don’t have to, when I and others really don’t want you to.

Sincerely,
    John

Who do you think is really in power in this minority government? The con’s have to be on side with one of the socialist parties to get a bill to pass. I don’t blame the debt squarely on the Con’s, but all the parties should take equal blame, because another party allowed it to pass.

All this mud slinging between the parties is just brutal and misleading. This is one of the worst election media campaign ever. Time to turn off the boob-tube and radio. I’ve had enough.