Going Backwards in Time

“I just want the community to go back to the way it was.” Really?

The comment above in the title of this post is what I got from the gal cutting my hair today. She wants to go backwards in time. She further added that she was sick and tired of all the new bylaws, rules and regulations, etc. That she moved here decades ago to get away from all these big city BS ways. Prior to this tirade she unleashed on me she stated “look at all the stores and businesses that have shut their doors and closed up over the years.”

I was almost tempted to jump up out of my chair for her talking so stupid when I knew her to be a very intelligent woman…. although she can be ditsy at times. :-) Instead from my prone position I let her have it with both barrels in telling her that for over twenty years we had a mayor and councils that took us no where, (mis)managed our affairs terribly, and institutionalized an old boys network that is presently desperately conniving and scheming to get back the reins of power from our present mayor and council, who for the most part brought about much needed and long over due change. However, it looks as though it is inevitable that they will suffer badly at the polls for the manner in which they went about bringing us that change, with their forced time-line and lack of public consultation and buy-in.

But what really got my dander up (no pun intended :-) ) with her was after complaining about how our community was dying with economic stagnation and the threat of social collapse by way of ‘dissolution’ that she thought the solution to our problems is to simply go backwards in time by putting in another bunch of good ole boys to run things again that got us into this mess in the first place? Lord have mercy! Obviously the dyes, ammonia and other chemicals she uses in doing her job as a hairdresser have affected her brain. And I told her so. :-) Because she didn’t like the direction our current mayor and council took us she now wants to go backwards in time, instead of forwards. That kind of thinking is Luddite thinking that solves nothing, as history time after time has already proven. In fact, it makes matters worse and will inevitably signal our demise.

As I said, if people here, like my hairdresser, think the solution to our problems is in going backwards in time they are sadly mistaken. Life is constantly evolving, nothing is static in nature or in life. As the saying goes, “no man can cross the same river twice.”

Therefore, as a community we need to move forward and put behind us that which has held us back for far to long. As it has been said, “The past is to be respected and acknowledged, but not to be worshiped. It is our future in which we will find greatness.” We still have time to turn things around here but people have to wake up to the possibilities and not simply take the easy way out, for it will certainly turn out to have been no way out at all.

“The best way out is always through.” Yes, we need to see this through by moving in a positive forward direction with real leadership that is inclusive not exclusive, that believes in fairness and equal opportunity, not cronyism and nepotism, and that believes in building bridges not putting up walls. That is the way forward! And the only way that can come about is by residents here supporting the “middle-way” concept that I have been advocating for on this blog since before this election started. Old school and New school are respectively regressive and divisive and are incapable of taking us where we want and need to go…. only middle school can do that.

As the only “middle-way” candidate for mayor in this election and with several qualified and capable candidates running for council seats that I believe are not necessarily locked into positions of being with either school, residents here have a chance to not only take back their community but to move it forward in a progressive and positive direction, while at the same time by doing so ensuring we as a municipality have a viable and independent future built on sustainability, openness, transparency, and inclusiveness.

I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Going Backwards in Time

Where did all the good barbers go in CNP? At least, they made sense when you talked to them. And when it came to politics, they were always right!

She sounds like she belongs to that chattering class of low-life’s on that FB group John was talking about. Another brain-dead individual lost in space like the rest of the. lemmings following the leader over the cliff. Dumbasses.

Ya, most of them don’t even know why they are behaving the way they are? Just following the leader like you say. Dumbasses is right! It’s almost comical how stupid they are. Reflects poorly on our community though which goes to confirm what was in the recent municipal report… nobody wants to move here, never mind start a business. No wonder, when these type of people are the face of our community. To bad, so sad.

I’ve been there, morons the whole bunch of them. They even use their real names. They’re proud of their actions. Duh! :-(

100% losers. Totally!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

No it is not. The topic is about whether we should be taking our community backwards or not. Do you think you can handle that or are you only able to deal with one-liners. I know this might be a challenge for you and members of your group who seem incapable of discussing REAL issues, but try. Will you?

What are your plans on how to move forward?

Moving away from the failed policies and agenda’s of old school and new school is the first critical step.

To Pudge,
    My ever generous supporter who’s a poet and knows it. :-) Thanks for filling my tip jar again. Much appreciated! ;-)

Sorry to disappoint you, maybe Decoux or Painter will make themselves available to answer your questions. Oh, I forgot they conveniently don’t have an on-line interactive presence, nor do they have a website which I shared with you, nor do they share their thoughts, ideas and opinions as I do. Pity!

Maybe you have some ideas you’d like to share with us?

Off topic but you need to post as dean will not.

Relates to:

Mohawk meadows is no where complete and has been in a state of disarray for years. The development should have been put in receivership just like riverrun as they did not live up to the development permit but the owner is local.

Kan wilds has no water and the town is financing southmore.

How many more of these successful developments do we need.

Dean thinks we are all stupid.
    He did not do very well in the tv interview. He looked really unprofessional.

Is the $500.00 that Saje mentioned was spent for PR on Medican deal tied into the Dean Ward interview to pay travel expense for the Globa interview? If so, looks like the mayor is misusing public funds and is ramping up and getting ready for his October 10 debt. One way to get back at Dean.

Anon 9:13 I am not sure what you are talking about. There are new houses that have gone up in Mohawk meadows. It looks to me they are a paved street away from being done. As for Southmore, I am pretty sure a company from down east had bought it out. This is the first time I have heard anything about the town financing it. Maybe provide a little proof. Same as Kan wild, I have not heard about the water problem, so please explain.
    For the most part these are good developments that cost a lot of money to be put in , creating employment at that time and now generating tax dollars for the municipality. I am not sure why you think these are bad developments, so please explain.

I think what is being said here is aside from the success of Ironstone all the other developments have been duds.

In your description of yourself, shit disturber, arrogant, etc, you forgot OPINIONATED that is the worst of all your lousy character traits and that is one thing this new council does not need. You just don’t fit the mold and never will.

Anon 9:10 These are all private company developments that spent millions of dollars to bring these developments on line. They created employment at the time and now all of them have houses and lots that are taxed by the municipality.
    I guess I just do not understand why you guys see these things as a bad thing for the CNP.

It sounds like you are on the EDGE of losing it. Your hairdresser has a right to her opinion and if you didn’t like it you could have tempered your reply and character assassination of her. At least she stood up to her convictions of being fed up with all the new by laws and regulations that are taking away our quality of life and giving us no choices or say as to whether we want to abide by the new school BS. You are lucky she didn’t shave a strip off your scalp and leave you in a state of ridicule for your election appearances which however are non existent as yet. She obviously has a tremendous trait of self control.

You need to go back and get to know John better. Read some/all of his posts from previous years. His medicine tastes bad, but it is good for you!

It would be interesting to see how many tax dollars are generated each year from these developments. How much addition taxes would the rest of us have to pay to make up the short fall. Keep in mind even a vacant lot pay a minimum of $500.
    In comparison how much tax base as been created by new developments started in the last 3 years.

There were no new developments created in the last three years.