Municipal Inspection begins in the Crowsnest Pass

Municipal Inspection begins

After months of waiting patiently (sic) residents here are finally getting the inspection they requested from Municipal Affairs.

For details on this developing story read the article by Joni MacFarlane from the Crowsnest Promoter here:

There is an address available for anybody who wishes to be either interviewed by, or willing to provide documentation or information to the inspection team. You can do so by contacting Russell Farmer & Associates at:

inspection@rfconsulting.ca

If readers here have difficulty with the email address above, then try this one here:

admin@rfconsulting.ca

Comment:

I find it interesting and possibly disconcerting that the Inspection Team chosen is Russell Farmer & Associates for they are the ones who did the Strategic Plan for our municipality at a cost of $40,000 back in 2010 for our previous council. Much of which from what I understand was incorporated into this current council’s own Strategic Action Plan. For details on this go here:

Although, from a legal stand point, I do not think this can be construed as a conflict of interest but from a layman’s point of view I feel it is borderline at best. I mean, I don’t see how a certain possible ingrained bias, self interest, and cover your ass could not be in play here?

A Strategic Action Plan, drawn up in part from this consulting firm doing the inspection, which is playing havoc with this community, could very well be perceived as a bogus inspection.

Considering how Municipal Affairs has dragged their feet on this issue from day one, and how in the minds of many residents here they appear to have already sided with their counterparts at the municipal level, is our Inspection a forgone conclusion? Time will tell? But I for one think the tower is leaning heavily to one-side… if you know what I mean?

Our greatest glory is not in never falling down, but in rising every time we fall.

__________________________________________________

CROWSNEST RATEPAYERS GENERAL MEETING

Thursday, March 21 @ 7:00 P.M.

COLEMAN LEGION (UPSTAIRS)

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:

* Medican/CLC
* Logo Issue
* PR People
* Fire Plan
* Inspection Update
* Open Discussion

Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

GET INVOLVED – EVERYONE WELCOME

Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Municipal Inspection begins in the Crowsnest Pass

I tried to get thrue to the consultants at the e-mail given. I could not get any info. I wonder if anyone knows how to make an appointment with these people???

In a sense the same company is investigating themselves? Duh, wonder how this is going to turn out. :-(

My greatest motto on earth; be careful what you wish for.

It will take few days for them to get going, don’t expect miracles. One of the big issues for the consultant to consider is the tight control of the agenda, they have set up. a system that tries to mirror a larger town. but in reality it mirrors a large school board. In a school board an executive assistant runs everything through the Superintendent before it gets on the agenda, similar situation seems to exist here. This is not how it is done in Calgary or Lethbridge. Nonetheless, our councilors have been convinced that this is normal.

Proper word would be School District.

I also could not get anything from the e-mail. The proper one is admin@rfconsulting.ca

Anon 4:00

Hi Brucey Baby.

Leave your finger wagging for the Council Chambers.

How to escape a sinking ship, fourteen easy steps.

Anon 2:12
    “My greatest motto on earth; be careful what you wish for.”

Star light, star bright,
    I wish upon the stars tonight,
    That Mayor and Council would all take flight,
    so we could start to make things right.

And complaint needs to be filed with municipal affairs as this should be a third party review that is impartial. Third party review happens in most private industry transactions from real estate purchases to contact reviews. Why municipal affairs would even consider selecting a firm that is not 100% impartial and at arms length is puzzling at least and at worst leaves an avenue for legal recourse.

Who will pay for “legal recourse”.

The inspection will take its course and it is really not that important what they will find or who they are. What is important is the October election and getting a better council for our community.

Ooops. I didn’t really mean to publish that last comment. Just me thinking and ranting. I meant to press “backspace” and erase it. Instead I pressed “enter” and published it. Oh well, it’s “out there” now!

Oh! Looks like I didn’t publish it. Good. Ignore this comment, and the 12:07 one!

This investigation is like pulling a bad tooth on a dead pig.You can pull all you want the whole pig is coming when it alive he pull back and you get the tooth out.Now you figure the rest by yourself.Why even bother pulling that tooth the pig is dead?