9 Responses to Mayor’s Corner Bombshell

With 3 months remaining in there term I thought they may take a step back and take there chances at the next election. 50,000$ fee for the right to build a hotel is in the works. It also sounds like they may very well pay for the demolition of the CLC without the property being sold. I also hoped that they would delay there decision on Ranchlands until the election is over. The next council will have a tough time cleaning up this mess.

He’s like an ole nag, with blinkers on, pulling an empty cart, going nowhere. I can hardly wait until he moves.

Now, John on the other hand, he’s a feisty stallion, may not be easy to tame, but a valuable animal, worth keeping in the stable.

I can’t believe that I have paid $.65 for this tripe.

A Mayor’s Task Force on flooding? I’d submit that rather large sticks fall into the creek impeding flow. Recommendation; remove large sticks from river.
    You seem to blame the flooding in Blairmore on a large log jam that lies outside of Municipal property. What does this have to do with the fiasco that occurred at 20th St.?

“From my perspective it is our job to… seek solutions to our issues rather than avoiding the issue “till next time”. It seems to me that a certain person has been ducking and running for an entire mandate, while providing dreams mixed with ‘Pixie Dust’ costing us a fortune.

On the hotel development issue, it is obvious that this is just another example of poor execution, costing us another fortune, with absolutely no return. Someone is certainly a self described “Layperson” and definitely not a businessman.

I am definitely tired of having smoke blown up one of my lower orifices, (I think it has snowed many times in the last few years.)and still grandiose plans are being hatched for initiation in the next two months that will take many years to reach fruition. Any intelligent person would put these ideas on the shelf until after the election, which should be considered as a referendum on policy. (Who ever said he was intelligent?)

And in closing, he once again calls anyone in the electorate that doesn’t agree with his governance a “Caver”. I paid how much for PR Damage Control and I still get loose canon arrogance? Some PR outfit.

Come Oct 21 there may be a formidable force of your so called “Cavers” crawling out from their caves.

“The truth doesn’t hurt unless it ought to.” – B.C. Forbes.

A nice quote Bruce. As we find out the truth, it hurts.

The Mayor’s income projection for the Ranchland Annexation is pure pipe-dream. Are we to believe that he would keep his sticky fingers off of that stream of revenue in light his spending history? Also, excuses, excuses with not a hint that they have been duped. No mention of the costs to date for the Medican project; when do we get these for open and transparent government?

65 cents… think about it. How about just posting his content, online, for those that that are really dying to hear the spin from the Grande Pubba. For those not ‘connected’ a posting at the Post Offices and lodges etc. would work.

Even mass postal mailings would be less expensive but would lead to public exposure as to true costs as to what I feel is political propaganda. Piggybacking a utility bill is not an honest use of my resources.

I thought this was a bombshell:
    Fire/Rescue briefs – July 10 Promoter, P.2 :
    “On June 21 at 6 a.m., all 40 firefighters reported to Station 24 …”

Does that mean zero were watching the situation before 6 a.m. ?
    And is that when they got there or when they were called?
    ———————————
    The Medican contract expired automatically when they did not satisfy the conditions on time. No need to cancel it.

8:39 wrote:
    “Interesting how this was spun into using previously budgeted means as a vehicle to deliver his diatribe.”

The way it’s supposed to work, Council makes Policies and bylaws (including Budget bylaws) and the CAO is supposed to run the administration, including the Newsletter, according to Policies and bylaws, without political interference.

Council can also give CAO specific directives by resolution.

I don’t think there was any Policy, bylaw or resolution to put Bruce’s Bray in the Newsletter, so it must have been CAO’s decision to put it there (of course I know Bruce ordered him to do it).

There is the Employee Code of Conduct (policy) which prohibits political use of municipal facilities but, of course, laws and policies only apply to the common folk.

Anyone else worried Ranchlands is about to crush us? Don’t be shocked if they try to annex a piece of CNP later and get it as a response to this crap.

Pincher Creek is moving forward. I hope they annex the part of the Pass I live in, if we don’t get a decent Mayor and council at the next election.