Middle-Way: a position between two extremes

…. we want and need, or not?

Middle-Way

The other day someone by way of comment said the following:

Anyone have an idea how many people really read this blog. Are we peeing into the wind, and are most people just going with the flow. That doesn’t mean that they are the silent majority, but they just don’t give a damn what happens. Come voting time, they may not vote, and if they vote will say” that’s the way it is” and vote Decoux, or say “time for change” and vote for Painter. It’s a little. late for an up the middle” candidate and I do not see the support for one. We are caught between the devil we know and the person we do not know but hope he’s ok. We are screwed either way….

As it stands right now voters here in the Pass basically have two choices for mayor. One choice is to assume the worst (either ‘new school’ or ‘old school’), and then you can be guaranteed that it’ll happen. The other is to assume that there is some hope for change (middle-way), in which case it’s possible that you can help to effect change. So you’ve got two choices, one guarantees the worst will happen, the other leaves open the possibility that things might get better. Given those choices, a decent person doesn’t hesitate. Or, do they?

I’m curious, with these different schools of thought in mind, if an election were to be held next week which school would you vote for? Would it be:

New School (Bruce Decoux)
Middle School (John Prince or ?)
Old School (Blair Painter)

To your left is a poll I have set up for you to vote. Let’s see what you and others think?

You never know, in more ways than one you might be determining the future; at the very least, it will be interesting to come back to this poll after the election.

The future depends on what we do in the present.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Middle-Way: a position between two extremes

good idea

Sept 3 2:34 pm

New School 2
    Middle School 5
    Old School 6

I like the way the race is shaping up so far. No worries about a split vote resulting in New school winning by default. That’s good news!

Whoops, did I put Sept 2? Should be Sept 3!

This is playing out how I thought it would. If you decide to run, I think your competition with be with the present mayor if he runs.
    Think the ratepayers miscalculated their pull.

John what makes you say Blair is old school.Have you talked to him or are you assuming.

John has already told us Bill and Blair are two peas in a pod. What’s Bill? There’s your answer.

Since when does being born in the Crowsnest Pass and being interested in how our local government works make a person an “old schooler”. John is an old schooler in what he wants to achieve. For some reason, there appears to be an envy by those who weren’t born here towards those that were. Hard to understand. The problem is the present local government, regardless of where they ca,e from. Out with them all.

4:00 I believe this blog was to suggest who would be the best person to run for Mayor. If John wants to talk to Blair, George or PETER that is none of your business, why be so ignorant. Who are you fishing for? Why are you so scared of John? Are you and your friends worried that John is waking up the majority? You will have to be patient and wait and SEE.

No envy from anyone towards anyone born here. Why would there be. Full of yourself or what.

Right on 4:00.

11. KevinthePass says:

After checking the current standings, it would seem that if supporters of the New School knew their candidate was going to lose and they did not want the Old School to win, would they vote Middle School? Interesting to say the least.

John if you decide to run you really need to get people out spreading the word. I have been doing that. I talk to some of my friends, some who do not even go onto the internet, and explain things. When I do, they seem to agree with me completely. I think they just get complacent, like the people who write on here, if it does not affect me, not an issue. I am going to keep spreading the word whenever I can. “Medium” change is definitely required.

Well that’s 13 voters. I think we can assume this pattern will continue.

Sept 3 9:05 pm

New 5
    Middle 7
    Old 12

I agree with you Kevin@6:35 this split is looking very interesting. I’m pretty sure John’s voters are not going to jump to the New side. Hmm…

Sept 4 12:06am

New 8
    Middle 8
    Old 14

Total votes 30

This is good news. No runaway for anyone really.
    Anybody’s game. Work to do everyone.

John, I see Blair’s leading in your poll. Just goes to prove, if you can get all the fools on your side, you can be elected to anything. They say you can’t fix stupid but you CAN vote it out… only in our case we look like we’re going to be voting it right back in again. Only in the Pass you say? :-(