RMR: Rick’s Rant – Vote

Rick’s Rant

Conventional wisdom of all political parties is that young people (18-25) do not vote. Wonder what would scare the crap out of the establishment? 3 million young people coming out to vote.

Make it happen! Be the change you want to see in Ottawa.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain – and most fools do.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics, Worth reading/seeing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to RMR: Rick’s Rant – Vote

1. Chloe says:

Excellent John ;) Thanks for sharing, will pass this along to several young deadbeats in our family. Take care.

Shoutout to the youth of Canada. Vote!

3. Harold R. says:

Shoutout to the youth of Canada. VOTE CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best
    Harold

Harold, I think you made a wrong turn and meant to post your comment on Dean’s blog? Unless of course, as the masochist you so evidently are, you’re back instead for more punishment. You brain-dead zealot of the far-right!

FYI, the youth vote will not support Harper. After all, what is in it for them? When all he offers is higher and higher tuition increases, unemployment, exploitation and neglect. No, the choice is clear… ENOUGH HARPER!

I have voted in every election I’ve been able to vote in (fed, prov, muni) since I was 18, except one. I was in the hospital that day.

What I find funny, here in the Pass, is that as of today, right now, I have no idea who is running for any of the parties. Haven’t seen a sign, anything in the papers, nor a mail flyer.

And I know that we won’t see a party leader here and I bet I won’t have one candidate knock on my door. We’re nobody, nothing, less than navel lint. Small town Canada means nothing.

The reason is that an election here in the Macleod riding is nothing more than a formality, as the conservative candidate always gets in. You can run a dog here as a conservative candidate and it will get in. Until we have democratic/electoral reforms that involve proportional representation nothing will change and so people don’t bother, knowing as they do what the end result will inevitably be.

Disenfranchisement of the majority by the tyranny of the minority is no way to be running our country. Unfortunately, that is what we got and until that changes nothing else will.

Harold, when you and your troll friends cannot deal with the issues I present in my posts and instead just want to use my blog to rant and rave about how much you hate me and what I stand for, while at the same time now bringing my ‘wife’ into the equation, as you did in your last comment (in a disparaging way!), then you have crossed the line. You and your troll friends are not welcomed here no more! Your filthy, insulting and demeaning comments will not be posted as you have nothing constructive to contribute, other than HATE, FEAR, LIES and INENUENDO, which is exactly what your illustrious leader offers as well with his smear campaigns. You, he and your kind deserve each other. The rest of us are doing what we can to make this a better Canada for ALL… not just for the rabble rousing Reform/Alliance/Conservative retrograde types, who despite on average having two perfectly good legs have yet to learn how to walk forward.

Go back into the hole you came out of and do us all a favour here, by getting lost in it!