Rob Ford ordered removed

…. as Toronto mayor in conflict ruling.

Rob Ford ordered removed

One down and one more to go here in the Pass… if only the Crowsnest Ratepayers had stuck with their original motion passed by the members to go for the removal of mayor and council, instead of intervention only.

Rob Ford ordered removed as Toronto mayor in conflict ruling

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Rob Ford ordered removed

Not sure what you mean. Is our mayor in conflict with something?

As I said on Dean’s blog:

Here’s a Duty they don’t seem to know. If they have a pecuniary interest they must “disclose the general nature of the pecuniary interest prior to any discussion of the matter”. It is not enough to just say “conflict” or “pecuniary interest”.

This 8 page PDF from Alberta Municipal Affairs
    Municipal Councillors’ Guidelines for Conflict of Interest
    gives the example:

“I am abstaining on this matter because I am a shareholder in the company.”

Councillors are disqualified from office if they don’t get this right.

This may seem like a mere technicality, but since these guys are busily writing Codes of Conduct and Conflict of Interest rules for employees and unpaid volunteers, and imposing draconian penalties for late taxes, I think we should them to the same strict standards.

I didn’t make clear that they HAVEN’T been getting this right. They have just been saying “conflict” or “pecuniary interest”. They have not “disclosed the general nature of the pecuniary interest” and made sure it is recorded in the minutes. So several of them are disqualified.

See MGA:
    172 (1)
    174(1) f & g
    175 (1) & (2)

Where ya been? He’s in conflict with 2500 residents.

11.12 very well put.That guy still in the clauds.Smart like stick.

Hi John If Rob Ford is too smart to read the rules he is too smart to run a city we need normal person here. How nice it would ,I scrow up forgive me why have RULES:::: fred

You only have a good governement when you have a good opposition. that is what is been prouve in toronto.You have no one to speak for you on COUNCIL in the PASS all those SHEEPLE don t help.THE MARE can shit on the floor they all walk aroud well train.

Anon 12:20 said:

“You only have a good governement when you have a good opposition. that is what is been prouve in toronto.You have no one to speak for you on COUNCIL in the PASS”

“The case was initiated by Toronto resident Paul Magder”, not the opposition.

We can do the same, according to MGA 175 (2)(b).

2.14 The OPPOSITION i am talking about is a couple of councillors opposing the Mare dictatorship and represente the people that electe them OR you be the one to carry the stick.

Every time I read a few of these comments I get a little chuckle.So I think for the next 11 months when I comment about our leader he will now be known as the “mare”. The old grey mare aint what she used to be….lol

It doesn’t look like he really did that much, used letterhead, pretty mickey mouse. But look at Redford, who has a new scandal every day. She is still there. Doesn’t get much worse than what she has going on.
    I would not be surprised to see it overturned and Ford back at his job. He is still there yet. I am sure he will be ” MARE” again.

Going off topic. I see a few of the boards got filled. I predicated that they would use friends and family and that is what they have done. They snubbed John Prince as was expected.This is how council stays in control over everything.There will be no big impact from the new EDB. They may as well just go and get the report from the previous group, they actually had some good ideas.And it does not matter anyway unless council is willing to follow through with some of the recomendations.