JaegerBaird announces candidacy for Crowsnest council

Sasha JaegerBaird

Sasha JaegerBaird announces candidacy

Nice write up on Sasha JaegerBaird’s candidacy on the Crowsnest Voice.

Wow! I wasn’t aware of the extent of Sasha’s volunteerism and community-mindedness. Pretty impressive!

If anyone has a deep understanding and appreciation of how and what the other half endures and goes through here in the Pass, I’m thinking it would definitely be her.

Check her out here.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling down, but in rising every time we fall.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to JaegerBaird announces candidacy for Crowsnest council

I like the idea of Sasha becoming a councillor. She seems very level headed to me.

Sasha sounds like she is one of us, trying to keep up with our bills all the time. I’ll vote for her. We need people who know what it’s like to keep feeding BIG administrations.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4. Sasha JaegerBaird says:

Thank you for posting John. I would be deeply honored to represent this community as a councilperson, if elected.

I am always available to answer questions or talk about the issues. I can be reached at sashajaegerbaird@hotmail.com or ph# 403-563-6073.

Good luck to you John. Wishing you the best!!

Received a spiteful and hurtful comment here directed at Sasha which I have not posted due to the reasons already stated. It seems some people judge a person’s worth based on the size of their bank account.

It is my hope that after this election a new council will be formed that is not soley made up of the moneyed-class and good ole boys but instead is composed of a true cross-section of our community’s socio-economic diversity, with its varied backgrounds and experiences that will enable it to effectively serve ALL residents here in the Pass, rather than strictly the privileged or lucky few, only.

Rumour has it that Blair and Dean are in violation of the Elections Act in having already placed election signs throughout the community (prior to Nomination Day). Someone please call the cops and have these transgressors arrested before they get into office and do even more criminal acts against us.

STOP THESE CRIMINALS BEFORE THEY STRIKE AGAIN!

You won’t find me breaking the law putting up signs before lawfully allowed to do so. In fact, this election you won’t find me putting up signs period.

Last election Salus had the most signs and biggest (fancy 4×8 portable signs) and he still came in third in a 3-man race. Didn’t do him much good, did it?

I did not see any signs.

Two people I know told me they saw them in Coleman. Are there more, I don’t know?

It is not a violation.Calgary had them out week already.

There is 30 day bylaw.I THINK THERE OK.

You mean we’re not going to see these guys on America’s Most Wanted wearing orange coveralls? Pity! Give them time, maybe we still will.

found on gov. site

Can a candidate put up campaign signage prior to Nomination Day?

There are no limitations on when a candidate may start campaigning in the Local Authorities Election Act, however some municipalities may have bylaws restricting when and where campaign signage may be placed. Candidates should contact their municipal office for details on signage restrictions. Alberta Transportation also has guidelines for campaign signage on Alberta highways, which can be found

This is from the Alberta Municipal Affairs Website:

Can a candidate put up campaign signage prior to Nomination Day?

This is from our website. It does not speak about nomination day:

(f) a campaign sign relating to a Federal, Provincial, Municipal, or School Board election provided
    that:
    (i) it is posted for a time period not to exceed 30 days or such other time as regulated under
    Provincial or Federal legislation; and