Shutdown leaves Tories, Liberals….

…. nearly tied: poll.

Support Drops

The ‘Hurting Kind’ of poll is what the HarperCons have just received. And the ‘real war’ against them, has not even begun yet. They are going down like the Titanic went down… and just as fast! The ‘eyes of the people’ have been opened.

It has been said, “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” We know now that the emperor has no clothes. Things have changed, and for the better… I think. People are now Awake… “the sleeper has Awoken!”

When the House eventually sits again COALITION should be on everybodys mind, if not an outright election. The next step is to form a new government that will seriously work to save all our people from the calamities befalling the world, as we speak. We as a people need to rise to the occasion and throw out the dirty bathwater, and bring in the fresh.

Conservative support drops in wake of PM’s decision to prorogue Parliament

Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Shutdown leaves Tories, Liberals….

I am a good Liberal, but I think that the Liberal numbers should have gone up, a little above Harper.

Is Iggy ready to make it happen? will the other parties fall into line what do you think John?

Dean

Anon,
    I am a good Liberal…
    Is there any other kind? :-)

Iggy is still a relative unknown. Thanks in large measure to the neocon controlled msm ignoring him, while taking every opportunity to paint him in a bad light when compared to Harper. After all, many of them don’t want to miss their chance at being appointed to the senate like their former colleague Mike Duffy.
    With Iggy’s current tour of town hall meetings and visits to college and university campuses those numbers should only improve, as the weeks go by. Keep up the faith! The numbers are going to get there and beyond. I’m sure of it!

Dean,
    The mean fighting machine! Welcome fellow warrior. :-)
    Good question, Dean. The ugly truth is all political parties want their cake and to eat it to. After the last Coalition fiasco, they’re all probably pretty gun shy. But you know, I think a coalition of the willing coming together for an agreed amount of time (lets say two years) willing to work together through these hard economic times, is just what the country needs. Personally I would like to see the melding of the Liberals and NDP, but probably not going to happen for the above stated reasons.

Anyhow, my first choice is a Coalition to avoid a costly election at a time when everyone’s energies should be geared at turning things around in this country, especially in the areas of growing unemployment and poverty. My second choice would be an election with the Liberals winning a majority, or even a minority situation such as what Trudeau had in the early seventies that resulted in a somewhat solid working relationship with Broadbent’s NDP, which as you know, had an end result of doing much good for this country and its people, considering the circumstances.

What’s your thinking?

Regardless of whether it’s an election or a coalition it will mean that, again, Alberta has no voice in government. What are the chances that the rural ridings, like ours, will vote anything but conservative.
    Now, that’s not to say I like what Harper’s doing or anything…mostly I’m playing the devil’s advocate….(it’s such a fun game)
    Whaddya think John?

I think the coalition idea is way out there.Very unlikely to happen.Why would the libs even try it? The last time there was coalition talk, was as close to a revolution as you are ever going to get in this country.If the libs are brave enough they will force an election.Then the PCs will point out who Iggy is again(you know the commercial about being here to stay).Then they will show that Canada is still the envy of the world through this recession.The numbers do not lie.Then we will end up with a minority PC gov again.
    As for PET was he not the PM that brought Canada into debt for the first time ever, around 200 billion.I think he did more harm than good over the long term as we continue to pay even today for that debt.
    I do think that maybe we need a new party in this country that would be willing to do what is in the best interests of the majority of the people.Not all the people, because you can not please everyone.

Anon @ 10:00
    How do you figure Alberta will have no voice on the federal scene when at present they hold all the seats except for one each being held by the NDP and Liberals? Rural ridings are a pox on our nation, in that they carry far too much weight. That’s why we need proportional representation. Otherwise the majority stays disenfranchised and we find ourselves in a situation where the majority finds themselves under the tyranny of the minority. Not my idea of true ‘democracy’.
    Politics is not a game… its a blood sport… and only the strong survive! Unless you are John, and have connections with the Slave Masters and their Gestapo goons. :-)

Anon @ 11:09
    I agree with you, but if both the NDP and Liberals (maybe Greens) feel weak and uncertain of their chances to win, then they should come together either by way of a coalition or by way of merging/morphing into a new party. What I am saying is the majority has to come together and work together, to show Canadians who the workers are, who the slackers are, and who is getting results. We will then know who is best equipped to take our country forward.
    As far as your “Canada is still the envy of the world through this recession” comment goes. Don’t be giving credit to anybody but Paul Martin and Jean Chretien for that one, and watch what you say about Trudeau…he’s a ‘friend’ of mine. :-( :-)

What we DON”T need is a government like the one we have now that is selling us out to foreign interests and enslaving our people, while imprisoning us in a modern day Gulag.

John,
    By Alberta having no voice, I meant that if there is a coalition, we’d have virtually no-one to represent us as most of the AB MP’s are Conservative. And if there were an election, assuming the Conservatives weren’t able to form a government, we’d still end up with little voice as I could see Alberta still voting in mostly Conservatives.
    Makes sense in my little mind. Perhaps I’m not explainig it well. Most likely, as I am very good at causing confusion. One of my best traits by the way. ;)

Anon 11:40
    My apologies for my tardy response but have been busy with my day job.

Until Alberta wakes up and realizes there is more to life than unfettered capitalism, and that the best conservatives can deliver because of their failed ideology, is a life of mediocrity, inferiority and despair, then the people are not deserving of a voice.

To be heard, one must have something ‘new’ to say… “I do not know which makes a man more conservative — to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.”… and that won’t happen until the people in this province undergo a paradigm shift in their way of thinking… and voting.