I wonder if Flaherty would ‘voluntarily’ hang himself?

Further evidence of Flaherty’s contempt for the people

Obama took real action against the banks and credit card companies which will be taking effect this coming February, while Flaherty continues to feed us to the wolfs.

Another example of Harper conservatives contempt for the little people…

Flaherty seeks voluntary changes to card fees

This is on-par with their recent announcements on getting tough on White Collar Crime. Ya, they got tough on their buddies, alright. If still only getting slaps on the wrist sentences and country club living facilities, is called tough!? No, they don’t want Madoff type sentences and Conrad Black living quarters for their friends, because you never know, some of them might be joining them one day? Is this the reason why White Collar CRIMINALS are treated so much more ‘fairly’, than the rest of us Plebians?

These guys are a sick joke and so transparent! Class Warfare, she is a comin! People are tired of our two-tiered ‘everything’ society: from ‘justice for the rich and the law for the poor’ in our justice system, to H1N1 Health care based on who you know and how rich you are, to corporations and financial institutions feeding off our near dead carcases, while the politicians stand idly by, oblivious to everything around them… except their next meal ticket.

Oh yes, The times they are soon to be a-changin’ and Harper’s conservatives are hurrying that process along everyday, the more we see their real colours. They are no friends of the Slave, they are the friends of the Slave Master. Blue is what they will soon be!

Hearing that feelings of despair and inferiority are unequally distributed does not move conservatives. Under meritocracy, it is just deserts.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I wonder if Flaherty would ‘voluntarily’ hang himself?

It doesn’t matter what kind of sentences and facilities they have for white collar crime, they’re not going to enforce the laws anyway.

2. penlan says:

“Flaherty seeks voluntary changes to card fees.”

Key word: VOLUNTARY

So there you have it – won’t happen, zero changes, same old same old. Gah!

I wonder how Garth Drabinsky in TO is doing? I imagine he is still out on bail despite having been found GUILTY and SENTENCED to 6 years. This after he and his partner dragged the case through the courts for 10 years. According to our current laws on White Collar Crime he only has to serve 1 year (1/6 of his sentence), if he even does that. If he does, I’m sure it will be at the best ‘country club’ prison your money and mine can pay for, along with loads of ‘special privileges’. But hey, he and his partner ‘only’ stole $500 million.

We are being run by a government that supports those that exploit us. This is not my government. My kind of government would protect us from the exploiters.

penlan,
    Ya, you got that right. This country desperately needs a government that has a ‘social conscience’, something our current government is sadly lacking. Where is our knight in shining armour, who can lead us out of the darkness and into the light again??

…And how are our Bridgecreek Boys doing these days? Still walking the streets I suppose. Not even looking over their shoulders as they recklessly spend the innocents’ life savings.

5. Dear My Canadian Prince, I second to this post’s idea. Thank you for came up with such a striking head line. There is a reason why I call your blog site one of my number one favourit in Canada blogs. Keep up the great work Sir……and I’ll alway give 2 thumps up for you :)

Sincerely;

Simone Sanoubane

Simone,
    What a nice comment and compliment. Thank you for starting my week off in such a positive way.

As far as my title goes, I’m hoping enough of these guys get the message and hang themselves, so that we don’t have to do it for them. ;-)

7. Dear John; you are righ again. I am doing the same by trying to make these points through my internet campaign. Financail industry & insolvency / Bankrupcy federal law reforms are one of the major issues we are pushing forward. They are not only affecting my family, but the whole counry, and the world.

Our government appear to look into these issues as well, but appear to, not quite sure what to do at this point. This month, one of the witness expert have already suggested our Senator committee to consider the President Obama’s approaches. There you go, we are not alone Sir.

HOW ABOUT YOU & YOUR STRONG VOICES TEAM PUT SOME FORMAL PROPOSAL TO THE LOWER & UPPER HOUSE OF COMMON IN OTTAWA TO SEE HOW HEY WILL REACT TO OUR CONCERNS.

Best regards;

Simone

Simone,
    Due process is stacked against us. The big corporations are running things in this country and the major political parties are imputent to do anything about it, on the one hand, and complicite on the other. Ordinary people are between a rock and a hard place.

The only way things are going to change is when enough people say, enough is enough and take back our government and our country.

We’re in a historical shift. The modern activist is different. The rationale: culture today is driven by commercial advertising… conforming = rebelling… Peace = War, Slavery = Freedom… self-contradiction; you are able to both work for a company, and rebel against it. Corporate rebellion = loyalty… Go in, behave – and take over… The next revolution will be inside corporations.

9. Hello John:

I came across your blog through Simone Sanoubane.

Very good job at getting your point across.

Cheers,

Paul Fraser

Here is my story:

Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) : Corporate Bully

$100,000 – MISTAKE (FISHERMEN’S LOAN)

I’m a commercial fisherman fighting the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) over a $100,000 loan mistake. I lost my home, fishing vessel and equipment.

There was no monthly interest payment date or amount of interest payable per month on my loan agreement. Date of first installment payment (Principal + interest) is approximately 1 year from the signing of my contract.
    Demand loan agreements signed by other fishermen around the same time disclosed monthly interest payment dates and interest amounts payable per month.The lending policy for fishermen did change at RBC from one payment (principal + interest) per year for fishing loans to principal paid yearly with interest paid monthly. This lending practice was in place when I approached RBC.
    Only problem is the loans officer was a replacement who wasn’t familiar with these type of loans. She never informed me verbally or in writing about this new criteria.

Help me fight the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) by closing your account.

“Fighting the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Bank) one customer at a time”