Stephen Harper snubbed by the White House

White House snubs Harper

Wakeup Canada! The world is shifting away from the right. It is time we did as well. Otherwise, we will be ‘ignored’ and left behind. Bushites, like Harper and company, no longer have a place in the new world order, except in the dustbin of history.

I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.

This entry was posted in Canadian Politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Stephen Harper snubbed by the White House

Oh, come on people. You’re making too much of this. Obama was probably in the bathroom. Maybe he was on the phone with one of his kids. Who knows and really, who cares!

It’s so annoying how the press insists on analyzing the smallest details.

2. ridenrain says:

Yup.. Just like UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown who got greeted exactly the same way.

Wasn’t that lady Monica Lewinsky?

4. Miles Lunn says:

I wouldn’t say all of the world is shifting left. In Europe, I believe they have more centre-right governments than centre-left now and most polls show the centre-right ones ahead and in some centre-left ones such as Britain, a centre-right party is ahead. It is true the United States is shifting away from the right and I want Canada too as well not because others are, but because it is right for us.

I watched the Global National news at 5:30 last night and they didn’t even mention anything about Harper’s greeting at the White House. It wasn’t an official visit, it was a working visit.
    Don’t get your shorts in a knot.

Miles, Thanks for your comments and as a point of clarification, I did not mean the world was shifting left but rather away from the right, whether that be centre-right, centre-left, etc.

Went to your blog and found your post on ‘Election Synopsis’ so interesting that I have done a post directing people to it. :-)

Thanks for sharing. Best!

Anon @ 1:24pm
    I flipped channels all last night and found no mention of the ‘snub’ at all. What do you expect from mainstream media, right!?

With the above in mind, I find it interesting that Internet news seems to report events ‘hours’ before the mainstream media does. And with what appears to be less censorship and distortions? Don’t know why that is but I do find it curious… and interesting.

Sorry to interrupt your blog entry with reality but From the Canadian Embassy in Washington:“The White House Chief of Protocol just called the Ambassador (proactively) to say, essentially, ‘this is nonsense’. It’s not the White House practice, under this Administration, for the President to go outside to greet his guests. That’s done by the Protocol Office.”

Oh sure, bust our bubble, eh! :-)