Who’s in charge? asks S.C. Rudegan. We are!

Who’s in Charge

Feature columnist S.C. Rudegan of the Pass Herald strikes again!

Rudegan raises many local concerns, suggests creative and proactive solutions while at the same time offering a common sense idea that maybe the biggest challenge we as a community face is ensuring that this time around we vote in the right people onto Council. Noting that “The challenges that lie ahead are big enough without feeling that those who we have elected into office are working against us.”

Give it a read here (not available on line)…

Who’s in charge

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

This entry was posted in CNP Politics, Newspapers-Media and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Who’s in charge? asks S.C. Rudegan. We are!

Whoa! S.C.Rudegan, this is the kind of reporter a small Community needs putting something down on paper that make sense for people to read.

Now your next assignment would be to find out how many present politicians work against our best interest and why? Why all the votes at council table are always with no opposition, one-side only.

With John in the MAYOR’S chair and you being the watch-dog reporter I believe most of our councillors would forget about those conflicts of interest and clean up their acts in a hurry. That’s called true democracy back in our Community for the public to enjoy.

Thanks again for this great article. You’re out to follow the RULES OR the RULES will follow you out the door.

In my opinion, I think trying to make CNP a visitor destination is much more important than trying to start a business. First, you must get the people coming before thinking about business. That follows after. I would like to see the ski hill become very first class, like Castle, and maybe have a beautiful lodge. Then people would come, and you could start your little shops.

3. KevinthePass says:

Having spent almost 19 months here in the Pass, I am now off to the wonderful world of Calgary (may have to edit at a later date). I have only commented on one thread previously, so I am no expert. All I can say from an outsiders point of view, is that a lot of bridges within the community need to be built/restored. The coming election may not provide the answer due to the diversions within the community. As a Newbie I have had to put up with some people within the Pass who made it clear I was not welcome, others have opened their arms. I will be returning to visit my partner on a weekly basis and checking out the Blogs. Can I wish all the Best, cast your votes, be prepared for what you vote for and in October you will know who is in charge. KevinthePass

The article was mediocre at best. But everyone has their own opinions. This is just one person, telling their ideas. We could all do that.

To Kevin:
    No one has any right to tell you that you are not welcome. Who appointed them spokespeople. Last I looked Canada is a free country; we live where we like. Tough s____what other people think. Shame on them.
    On another note, regarding this article, you don’t have to go to other places to see how they get business. Been to Black Diamond lots. Advice, as usual is pretty evident and it can be free:
    1. Clean up streets so people are not walking around dog poop, cig butts, garbage.
    2. Train tracks are unavoidable, but whistles could be eliminated in downtown.
    3. Salespeople who are pleasant, and not ignorant.
    4. Loud mufflers being gone, peace officers have really made a change, but their work is sure cut out.
    Finally, if people cannot be nice and friendly to people who live here, how could they possibly be any different at work. It doesn’t change.

In 600 BC it was written that Damascus would be destroyed “no longer a city” and Egypt will be fighting neighbour against neighbour. These will be the signs of the last days. Syria will make the mistake of attacking Israel. Isaiah 17 & 19. God’s way of warning us.
    ARE WE NEXT??

8:14 In our abusive Democracy anything can happen “no longer a city” very possible. The way we sit now with that many unhappy residents the gov. can step in and a lot of people would agree with them. A trustee for MARE. And the reason would be: can’t be any worse than what it is now and I agree. Now it’s the time to smarten-up and manage this Community properly with a team having Common Sense before it is to late. John or someone WE can trust with OUR Money. Not just a NICE guy.

8. KevinthePass says:

8.09am – You are never told you are not welcome, it is the looks, the way they avoid you. I am unsure as to how any council would bring together all the communities and their own agendas. I understand the “middle ground” approach, but that takes a great effort on those promoting that route. I cannot understand why the electorate has to wait until close to the election, when all those considering to stand actually disclose their intentions to stand. There is no time to question etc. KevinthePass

Last you look Canada is a free country.You did not look very hard or it was very fooggy the day you look.
    Why are you so proud of those officers at all cost??
    Tough s—t what you think about the good job they are doing.
    Can we afford it??
    Finnaly very hard to be nice in a Community where the friendly admosphere of volontering have been distroy by the Authority that should be promoting it.
    Probably hard for you to understand
    you sound like you are part of the problem.